• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

They changed the 4473s again.

The way I understand it and how it was explained. Two ATF agents and the local Sherriff showed up at his house and asked him if he still had the two firearms he recently purchased and the atf agents wanted to see them to verify he hadn't sold them.
A1qD2+jx-WL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So, at the ODT Gun Show do we need to ask everyone looking at a weapon at our table if they are an ATF agent? If the answer is yes then do we need to ask them to fill out a BoS? I'll bring some blanks just in case and I think I have a junior detective finger print set up in the closet, I can bring that too. I'm only selling 8 weapons so that shouldn't get anyones attention. And yes, on is an AR-15.

Multi Sales get reported for handguns only in most states. There actually is a form that only applies to border states (TX, NM, AZ, and CA) that reports multi sales on certain rifles (bigger than 22 LR, semi-auto, with detachable mags).

I am writing this scenario as a private citizen, not as an FFL - As to the "are these for you?" question: One can buy a gun with the full intent on keeping it and then sell it rapidly. If I buy a Glock 17 and you, my next-door neighbor, see it and realize that the Serial Number consists of your first-born's initials and your mother-in-law's birthdate. If you offer me twice what I paid for it and I have no reason to believe that you're a prohibited person, GAME ON!!

Also I was told by Matt not to purchase 2 firearms at the same time now or you will get a visit from the ATF.
I've bought 3 ATI stripped lowers at one time. Hell, my landlord bought a dozen Anderson lowers . But that was all pre Covid/Biden. I would probably agree with you about trying it these days.

If they spent as.mich time trying to catch real criminals as they do trying to re-word the questions on a form so lawful citizens "check the wrong box" and they can have probable cause to harass us they might actually stop a crime or two.
They make a big deal about "straw purchases" when the majority of those purchases don't have Ill intent...maybe it's a birthday present for their kid or a gift for their significant other.
I don't know how (or where) you would find the stats bit I'm guessing most firearms used in crimes come from theft... not their so called "straw purchase".
It's all a game...the end results is disarming America one little step at a time...and they're winning.

I've bought 3 ATI stripped lowers at one time. Hell, my landlord bought a dozen Anderson lowers . But that was all pre Covid/Biden. I would probably agree with you about trying it these days.
There is no reporting multiple receivers or ARs unless you live in a state that borders Mexico.

If they spent as.mich time trying to catch real criminals as they do trying to re-word the questions on a form so lawful citizens "check the wrong box" and they can have probable cause to harass us they might actually stop a crime or two.
They make a big deal about "straw purchases" when the majority of those purchases don't have Ill intent...maybe it's a birthday present for their kid or a gift for their significant other.
I don't know how (or where) you would find the stats bit I'm guessing most firearms used in crimes come from theft... not their so called "straw purchase".
It's all a game...the end results is disarming America one little step at a time...and they're winning.
95% of skraw purchases in Bibb Co are absolutely done to avoid the 4473 for the 'baby daddy."

There's a file box full of them being unprosecuted by Anita Howard. You know, 'cause they goot bois's baby mommas an' all.

Back
Top Bottom