• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

They changed the 4473s again.

95% of skraw purchases in Bibb Co are absolutely done to avoid the 4473 for the 'baby daddy."

I had been in business for a very short time when an XD Compact in 40 S&W shows up via UPS unexpectedly. I get a phone call from a woman named Precious asking if I had her pistol yet. She shows up, does the 4473, and goes to leave. Forgot to mention, she's about 5 foot even, 100 lbs., if that. I ask, "Why the 40? That's a hard-recoiling round for such a petite lady...". She says that it is what her Daddy told her to buy.

Less than two weeks later, I get a call from the National Training Center. I recognized the number on the Caller ID, so I answered the phone saying, "Let me guess: Springfield XD in 40 cal, sold to Precious?". The Examiner said, "How did you guess?".....

I had been in business for a very short time when an XD Compact in 40 S&W shows up via UPS unexpectedly. I get a phone call from a woman named Precious asking if I had her pistol yet. She shows up, does the 4473, and goes to leave. Forgot to mention, she's about 5 foot even, 100 lbs., if that. I ask, "Why the 40? That's a hard-recoiling round for such a petite lady...". She says that it is what her Daddy told her to buy.

Less than two weeks later, I get a call from the National Training Center. I recognized the number on the Caller ID, so I answered the phone saying, "Let me guess: Springfield XD in 40 cal, sold to Precious?". The Examiner said, "How did you guess?".....
Like shooting fish in a barrel in Macon, LOL.

I see about half and half in Macon. About half are approved and half are told, "I really can't sell you this gun." Some of the stupid stuff I see females do at the gun counter when they're tryin' to get their boo strapped makes me 100% certain they shouldn't be enfranchised or issued driver's licenses.

That is still perfectly legal and you can still check the "Yep, it's for me" box with no potential for it to be perjury. "Gifts" are specifically allowed in the law.
Did you forget who we're talking about? Remember, you can also legally shoulder a pistol brace ..... until you can't, and they can't keep a database on our purchases.... until they did.
Personally, I don't trust any of it any more.

The way I understand it and how it was explained. Two ATF agents and the local Sherriff showed up at his house and asked him if he still had the two firearms he recently purchased and the atf agents wanted to see them to verify he hadn't sold them.
This sounds nearly identical to a YouTube video I saw some months ago. Can’t remember what State it happened in. Whether or not it was the member of your club who knows, It did happen though. Mr gunsngear also made a video covering the affair.

I just bought 1 recently, even though I answered NO to k & left 21.x empty, my FFL also made me check NO to 21.1.1

View attachment 5653885
Pretty sure that's the old version. You used to say 'no' on 2.1.1.1 and leave 2.1.1.2 empty if you are a citizen. On the new one you leave both of the last two empty if you are a citizen.

The current form 4473 and all it's instruction are available for download at the ATFs website for anyone and everyone. Always is. Just looking at it yourself is better than all this fuddlore.

Back
Top Bottom