• Next ODT Gun Show - Nov 16, 2024! - Click here for info

they tax it

Ballvina

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
72   0
Reaction score
1718111465011.png

Madison county charged me $99 just for owning a boat. They provide absolutely no services for boat owners. What is their excuse for being allowed to charge me a Marine tax? They already tax the boat trailer, not to mention the ad velorem tax they charged when I bought the boat over and above the sales tax. I wish I had the money it would take to hire a team of lawyers to sue the county/state for all the illegal taxes they get away with charging.

And they are gonna tax you to take the boat on the road (registration), tax the gas you put in the boat, the ice you put in your cooler, the hooks you put in your tackle box, the hat you wear on your head. If you want to actually pull a fish out of the lake you'll need to be taxed for a fishing license. if at some point you decide thats too much and sell that boat, they are damn sure gonna try to tax that too, plus the salary of the guy that comes along to buy that boat.

And they are gonna tax you to take the boat on the road (registration), tax the gas you put in the boat, the ice you put in your cooler, the hooks you put in your tackle box, the hat you wear on your head. If you want to actually pull a fish out of the lake you'll need to be taxed for a fishing license. if at some point you decide thats too much and sell that boat, they are damn sure gonna try to tax that too, plus the salary of the guy that comes along to buy that boat.
It is a damn shame. We started a revolution against Britain for these same reasons. I can't help but thing round two is way overdue.

Back
Top Bottom