• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things I don't understand, "Baby it's cold outside." kefluffle.

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
O.K. I will be the first to admit that there is a lot about modern PC that I don't understand, or just don't give a crap about.

But the dust up over "Baby it's cold outside" just blows my mind.

For the history challenged, it was written by songwriter for his wife, and they performed it as duet for YEARS. It was written in 1944. So all the pissers and moaners are disparaging the wife's clear appreciation of the song, and willing participation in it's performance. It's reported that SHE was the one who was upset when her husband sold the rights.

So the "me too" crowd is putting down this woman's independent decision to perform and publicize the song.

o.k., it's a new day, we aren't going to make any snowflake melt.

But scan the dial there are innumberable "urban" stations playing music 24/7/365 about bitches and hoe's and slapping them around, or forcing them to have sex, and booty calls and so on, but that's alright because we can't be culturallly insensitive.

Just sign me "confused".

Apparently "me too" hasn't listened to "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" yet.

This has been a topic with me and my marine woman child. The song actually is about the social mores of the day that would not allow a woman to enjoy sexual freedom like a man without being called a slut. The reference to “what’s in this drink” was actually a common joke of the time. I agree with you about all the mysogonistic crap heard on the radio today. As I have taught my kids just as we are programmed to kill we are also programmed to have sex to procreate. Let’s be responsible. Enough analysis. Happy holidays. Anyone up for another round?

Back
Top Bottom