• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things MAY be lookin' up. Need help around Brunswick

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Well we have been trying to relocate to Brunswick/St.Mary's/Kingsland for so long now I forget when we came up with the idea. But my wife MAY have a job at the Brunswick port unloading new import cars. And my small problem here is that it would start very soon. As in not this week but next week. So she will need somewhere affordable to live for a while. And let me go on the record as saying we are NOT picky or hard to work with.

Mainly looking in the Glynn and Camden county areas. It doesn't matter if it's room,efficiency,mobile home,garage apartment or even a camper. Clean and cheap are the important things here. I know that there aint that many members in the coastal GA area. But I'm hoping that one of them sees this post and has something or knows of something/somewhere available. And seriously, we WILL gladly take a camper or a single wide. We aint the least bit uppity.

On a side note any of yall that want a scenery change or already live in the area you should check into this ID badge called the TWIC badge. I believe it's issued through DHS. It costs about $130.00 to get one but once you get it there are lots of jobs available at ALL ports that require this badge.

Anyway, thanks for reading my post. If I put it in the wrong section I apologize.

Happy to hear you are getting out of the 31030!! Best of luck to you and yours!!!
Man you don't know the half of it! Fort Valley sucks so bad! It's the **** end of Peach Co. Byron is on the other end and right on I75. It's a much better town.

But we both figured out years ago that we will have to struggle for a living for the rest of our lives. So why not struggle in a better setting with better scenary. Palm trees and ocean breeze. It's right there close to Jekyll and St Simons. And it's not all trash touristy like Tybee.

I still have my CDL and need to re up my hazmat and get a TWIC in case the company I'm working with doesn't win the state contract again. If they don't. Our whole office will be looking for a job

But I have a friend who is grossing .90 cents a mile with a 22 mpg sprinter van and no CDL, no logbook , no weigh stations , no nothing since its under 10,000 lbs . Seems that may be the way to go now days

I still have my CDL and need to re up my hazmat and get a TWIC in case the company I'm working with doesn't win the state contract again. If they don't. Our whole office will be looking for a job

But I have a friend who is grossing .90 cents a mile with a 22 mpg sprinter van and no CDL, no logbook , no weigh stations , no nothing since its under 10,000 lbs . Seems that may be the way to go now days
Damn! Where do I sign up for that gig? He must be doing them rush deliveries for Amazon.

There is a friend that we both grew up with who is making a similar move. He got the TWIC badge the same day my wife did.. He has worked for the Mercer University Campus PD for about 20 years now. But when he takes the job with the Port Authority Police it will be over a $10K instant annual pay raise. And he will be moving out of Macon\Bibb Co. not a minute too soon.

Last edited:
Damn! Where do I sign up for that gig? He must be doing them rush deliveries for Amazon.

There is a friend that we both grew up with who is making a similar move. He got the TWIC badge the same day my wife did.. He has worked for the Mercer University Campus PD for about 20 years now. But when he takes the job with the Port Authority Police it will be over a $10K instant annual pay raise. And he will be moving out of Macon\Bibb Co. not a minute too soon.
I will ask him what dispatch he is using
He bought the sprinter cheap at an auction
Said he's making around $80K a year. But he's gone all the time
Runs from GA as far west as AZ and north to MI and NY

I think both of his sons bought vans and are doing it now too
One son was doing some kinda software stuff and the other was a EMT

Back
Top Bottom