• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder why I frequently have "offensive" posts removed, but when I report offensive post, my claim gets ignored.

I've also wondered why I can report an offensive post, give it 24 hours, then quote the post, get banned for hurt feelings, have my post quoting the original offensive post removed, yet the original post I quoted stays in the thread. smh

Coincidence? I think not, it's happened twice, recently. Once was a 3 week banishment, while the original offensive STFU post remained. The other was a week of banishment and that post removal was denied.

I have started a thread and get banned from it for "trolling" because I disagreed with other posters.
I'm I the only one this happens to?

I've also received infractions/warnings for posting in a thread because my post was "irrelevant" to the thread, but the others remained, even after they were reported.

I thought it could just be a clerical error, but when I question it I get threatened with extended time periods of banishments. I'm sure there's no ill will, Blue Brotherhood, or dirty cop syndrome going on. lol

I swear, there are some sleeper accounts that are actually controlled by the mods just to create hurt feelings.
These people can't really be as stupid as they portray themselves.

I feel sure this will be deleted. It's all about silencing your opponent to win your lame unfounded argument. smh
Reported

Before I retired my supervisor said that she found my behavior offensive. I told her that I am a habitual offender and I will offend again. I could careless what she thought of me, my behavior or if she became room temp the next day. Different people have different opinions of what’s offensive and what they think is funny so there will always to a confusing, unfair and unequal application of “community standards”.

I learned in the Navy to NEVER let a group know that something bothers you or they will drive your ass crazy. This is the only social media forum that I am on and of course there will be bias, favoritism and different treatment for people because it is a reflection of real life in that anytime you put 1000 people in a room there will the butt hurters and the butt hurtees and seldom will more than half agree on anything especially politics, religion and firearms. Hell some are still getting their panties in a wad over the .45acp vs 9mm argument after 50 friggin years.

I enjoy the various characters on the ODT (some I enjoy more than others) but I also realize this is a just a fun distraction and if I was permanently banned I would not lose any sleep, I’d save more money and I would probably get more done around the house.

Kick back with a cool one, don’t take it personally and think of the ODT as a combination of the Three Stooges meets QVC network.
:thumb:

Before I retired my supervisor said that she found my behavior offensive. I told her that I am a habitual offender and I will offend again. I could careless what she thought of me, my behavior or if she became room temp the next day. Different people have different opinions of what’s offensive and what they think is funny so there will always to a confusing, unfair and unequal application of “community standards”.

I learned in the Navy to NEVER let a group know that something bothers you or they will drive your ass crazy. This is the only social media forum that I am on and of course there will be bias, favoritism and different treatment for people because it is a reflection of real life in that anytime you put 1000 people in a room there will the butt hurters and the butt hurtees and seldom will more than half agree on anything especially politics, religion and firearms. Hell some are still getting their panties in a wad over the .45acp vs 9mm argument after 50 friggin years.

I enjoy the various characters on the ODT (some I enjoy more than others) but I also realize this is a just a fun distraction and if I was permanently banned I would not lose any sleep, I’d save more money and I would probably get more done around the house.

Kick back with a cool one, don’t take it personally and think of the ODT as a combination of the Three Stooges meets QVC network.
Well said

Life is not worth walking around on egg shells.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom