• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things to do in/around Helen

Taking my wife up to Helen for our 1st anniversary the 15th - 17th. Already have a cabin in the park up there. What is there to do around Helen that's actually worth it? I used to do deliveries in the city weekly so I know the area but never paid much attention to the attractions.

N O T H I N G ..................................................

In for answers.

People are always encouraging me to visit this place.

Go to Helen!” they say to me, sometimes shouting it with enthusiasm.

I can agree with this. I have been there numerous times. Used to deliver to Pauls/Big Daddys/Catch22 and various places in town but never went to any of the shops or "pubs" but could never understand the fuss. But that's where she wants to go so were going. Im looking forward to leaving the kids home with grandma and disconnecting from everything.

If you want sushi, Spice 55 behind the Circle K gas station is a MUST!

Seriously??? A sushi joint behind a Circle K?? I knew Helen was a bit "rural", but damn, won't the banjo music keep you up all night??

jk...wife and I go for Italian at Rocky's in Monroe and its in the same building as a gas station.

The winery tours are popular, you can drive up the head of the hooch and come out on top of Unicoi Gap, Trout fishing is year round and they're hitting! There's a lot to do if you look. You can be on top of Richard Russell Scenic Highway or at Lake Burton either one in less than 20 minutes from downtown.

Back
Top Bottom