• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things to do in/around Helen

Taking my wife up to Helen for our 1st anniversary the 15th - 17th. Already have a cabin in the park up there. What is there to do around Helen that's actually worth it? I used to do deliveries in the city weekly so I know the area but never paid much attention to the attractions.

Hofbrau house for dinner, hofers for breakfast. Don't skip hofers, best coffee in the town. The Richard Russel scenic highway is just past Helen, take it and have cash to stop at some of the state parks if you want. If not, the drive alone is great. Once you reach the end of the Richard Russel scenic, there's a store not far away called 'Alexanders'. Huge gun store in the basement, clothes, appliances and furniture upstairs. Give it a go, very nice store. Not far from it is blairsville, not sure what to do up there.... That's all I got for that. You can also go up to Clayton for some nice restaurants/bars

Hofbrau house for dinner, hofers for breakfast. Don't skip hofers, best coffee in the town. The Richard Russel scenic highway is just past Helen, take it and have cash to stop at some of the state parks if you want. If not, the drive alone is great. Once you reach the end of the Richard Russel scenic, there's a store not far away called 'Alexanders'. Huge gun store in the basement, clothes, appliances and furniture upstairs. Give it a go, very nice store. Not far from it is blairsville, not sure what to do up there.... That's all I got for that. You can also go up to Clayton for some nice restaurants/bars

Good advice here. Alexander’s is awesome, and I’ve eaten at that Pappys? I think it was called. Love the drive over blood mountain. And I’m familiar with Clayton too. Used to deliver to UJoint.

there are 2 waterfalls at upper chatahoochie campground in the nat forest. cross bridge at tube rental and zip line. turn right go 7 miles up dirt rd.

The gates are closed on the road going to the campground/waterfall and going back down towards Helen. I went in from Wilkes off Hwy 75. I was in the area and thought I'd hike out to the falls. Just a head's up.

Back
Top Bottom