• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Think weed is harmless?

Since you apparently didn't read the article I linked for you, I'll copy it for you below.

IMPLIED POWERS are not specifically stated in the Constitution, but may be inferred from the elastic (or "necessary and proper") clause (Article I, Section 8). This provision gives Congress the right "to make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and other powers vested in the government of the United States." Since these powers are not explicit, the courts are often left to decide what constitutes an implied power.

Please explain to me how someone in Georgia smoking any substance prevents the federal government from carrying out its duties set forth by the Constitution.

I realize a very bad Supreme Court decision or two and we are where we are now, but the founding documents were intended to be restrictions on the government, not the citizens.

Article 1 section 8 grants Congress the power to pass laws that are necessary to allow them to execute their obligations and duties, not the power to make a substance illegal for a citizen to use, or regulate firearms, tobacco, healthcare, education, etc.

99% of what our federal government does today is unconstitutional. I will not praise, support, or condone an unconstitutional action by an unconstitutional body carrying out unconstitutional actions no matter who, what, or why they are doing so.

Our founders intended a small central government with limited power and a larger state government with more localized power and control. Now instead, the federal government taxes us 5 times as much as the state, and then bribes the state to do the things it knows it has no power to do with the very money that came from the state to begin with. It’s insanity.

You guys seem like you need a good joint or a blunt to take the edge off. Some of you are posting like what you think is the know all , be all , end all..........:hat:

Crazy right? Don’t they know that I am the only person in this thread, heck on this forum, who is 100% right 100% of the time?

I know everything. Just ask my wife.

FatAlbert is dead. I disabled that account and just sticking to this one, couldn't log on if I wanted to. The plan was to just stick to business and quit getting involved in these circular fudd arguments but that only lasted about 10 minutes :lol:

No experimenting on my octopus, don't wanna mess up a good thing.
1662599823214.png

Please explain to me how someone in Georgia smoking any substance prevents the federal government from carrying out its duties set forth by the Constitution.

I realize a very bad Supreme Court decision or two and we are where we are now, but the founding documents were intended to be restrictions on the government, not the citizens.

Article 1 section 8 grants Congress the power to pass laws that are necessary to allow them to execute their obligations and duties, not the power to make a substance illegal for a citizen to use, or regulate firearms, tobacco, healthcare, education, etc.

99% of what our federal government does today is unconstitutional. I will not praise, support, or condone an unconstitutional action by an unconstitutional body carrying out unconstitutional actions no matter who, what, or why they are doing so.

Our founders intended a small central government with limited power and a larger state government with more localized power and control. Now instead, the federal government taxes us 5 times as much as the state, and then bribes the state to do the things it knows it has no power to do with the very money that came from the state to begin with. It’s insanity.
Please read the article I provided you. It explains the purpose of the federal government with a quote from the Federalist Papers. Supreme Court decisions are another reason elections matter even when they're for 2 senate seats after the presidential election in Georgia was suspicious at best and people stayed home and didn't vote and allowed Warnock and Ossoff to get elected and confirm a supreme court justice who apparently doesn't know what a woman is. There's no way you can honestly state that 99% of what the federal government does is unconstitutional. The Congress, Supreme Court and President are all established by the Constitution, so your statement that they're unconstitutional is incorrect. (Perhaps you intended to state that you don't believe they're acting within the parameters of their constitutional authority.) Your last statement was tried and failed under the Articles of Confederation.

Please read the article I provided you. It explains the purpose of the federal government with a quote from the Federalist Papers. Supreme Court decisions are another reason elections matter even when they're for 2 senate seats after the presidential election in Georgia was suspicious at best and people stayed home and didn't vote and allowed Warnock and Ossoff to get elected and confirm a supreme court justice who apparently doesn't know what a woman is. There's no way you can honestly state that 99% of what the federal government does is unconstitutional. The Congress, Supreme Court and President are all established by the Constitution, so your statement that they're unconstitutional is incorrect. (Perhaps you intended to state that you don't believe they're acting within the parameters of their constitutional authority.) Your last statement was tried and failed under the Articles of Confederation.

I believe the ATF, DEA, FBI, HUD, HHS, CMS, SSA, FDA, CDC, DoE (both of them), OSHA, EPA, DoL, etc etc are all extraconstitutional bureaucracies run bum unelected officials regulating things the federal government does not have the constitutional authority to be involved in.

The level of taxation, power, and control the federal government exercises over the citizens of this country as well as the states far exceeds anything we declared our independence from the crown over.

Back
Top Bottom