• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE Thinking about buying a used boat.

As the old saying goes, the two happiest times are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it. Huge money pits, and they break a lot. Used boats are worse because you never know the real history. I've had nothing but problems with them. Even a used one I bought from a dealer was a PITA. But if you really want one, do your due diligence. Also check the registration history. I've bought two that come to find out were never really registered and it turned in to a PITA to get it legal. Had to get it inspected, provide lots of paperwork, etc.

I have a 2 stroke on my sailboat, it fired right up after being left for the winter, I run some gas treatment in the gas, and only buy ethanol free gas for it. Ethanol free gas is more expensive, but worth every penny not to have to fuss with a motor that wont start.

4 Stroke motors need yearly maintenance, oil change, tune up.

I have a 2 stroke on my sailboat, it fired right up after being left for the winter, I run some gas treatment in the gas, and only buy ethanol free gas for it. Ethanol free gas is more expensive, but worth every penny not to have to fuss with a motor that wont start.

4 Stroke motors need yearly maintenance, oil change, tune up.
smart person

Newer boats and engines are made a lot better than older ones. An outboard is your best bet. Inboards are a Royal pita. I prefer Yamaha outboards. Made for salt and if run in fresh should last forever.

Back
Top Bottom