• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE Thinking about buying a used boat.

Sounds like a nice one!
It really is.

00j0j_esl9i6cKSy9_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_diJFksV5UaJ_1200x900.jpg

I love my yak and have had a bigger boat in the past. I'll still use the yak, but there are types of fishing I want to do that it's too much of a hassle to do in it. Especially salt water. I also have a grandson that I'll be doing a lot of fishing with. A stable and comfortable boat is the way to go with an eight year old.
The best memories of my childhood were spent on a boat fishing with my grandfather! I hope you find a good one and he'll have memories that last a lifetime.

Got it! Just got back from dropping it in storage. It checked out very well. Compression was that of a new motor. The local mech never made it there, so I took a chance, drove down and checked it myself. 124.5psi, 125, 125 and 126. It doesn't get better than that. I also got a half inch stack of maintenance records that go all the way back to when it was new. We took it out and it stepped right up on plane with gear and a couple of pretty big guys in it, the motor ran like a Swiss watch and it handles great. Smooth dry ride even when cutting through some pretty good swells. Typical ups and downs on the swell, but soft landings, rather than slams.

A couple of small things need to be fixed. There is a loose electrical connection someplace that causes the gauges to go in and out occasionally, one of the four tires on the trailer needs to be replaced and one of the axles binds a little when backing up. Still a great deal for the asking price, but when payment time came along the seller handed $500 back to me to take care of those problems. I never asked and wasn't going to. Pretty cool guy.

Now I'm going to get a kick ass electric motor and upgrade the Sonar/GPS. :becky: :fish2: :cheer2: :rockon: :usa2:

I've had boats my whole life and currently have 1 boat and 2 wave runners. I have never experienced the problems everyone on this thread seems to have. Yes, I have bought used and new.

It's like anything mechanical and needs some upkeep, but well worth it for the enjoyment my family and I get from it.

Sorry everyone on this thread is so mechanically incompetent that you can't figure out basic maintenance on a watercraft.

Hammonds is one mile away from my new place, I live down Shady Grove. (And still have Zeus whom you trained)
Hive him a pat on the head for me!

Hammond's could not accommodate the T-Top (too tall) and didn't have a slot anyway, but I found another place about a half mile away that is set up for big boats, so mine was no problem.

Back
Top Bottom