• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about dropping directv and getting an antenna.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
I want to get a long range antenna capable of receiving HDTV signals. Any suggestions?

I also have 7 TVs in my house. This will be an attic mounted system.

Also are there any good sales service and installation companies in this area?

With antennas the bigger it is and the higher you mount it the more channels you'll get.

ANY and ALL TV antennas can receive HDTV channels, so don't pay extra for one that's labeled "HD"

Some are directional and some are omnidirectional.

This site has some pretty good tools for figuring out what stations you'll be able to get in your area and what direction they are from you...

http://tvfool.com/

With antennas the bigger it is and the higher you mount it the more channels you'll get.

ANY and ALL TV antennas can receive HDTV channels, so don't pay extra for one that's labeled "HD"

Some are directional and some are omnidirectional.

This site has some pretty good tools for figuring out what stations you'll be able to get in your area and what direction they are from you...

http://tvfool.com/

Listen to this guy, George Washington is gasping for air in his wallet he hasn't been out in so long...

Listen to this guy, George Washington is gasping for air in his wallet he hasn't been out in so long...
Damn right!
:pound:

I've got an 8 foot long Channel Master like this on a 30 foot pole in my backyard.

IMG_0916.JPG

It's big and ugly as hell, but I love it like the son I never had (because I was too cheap to have a son)

I have DirecTV. I also have a thirty dollar HDTV antenna. The signal on the antenna is much sharper than the satellite picture. The sub channels I receive with the antenna are great. I keep the DirectTV so I can get Fox News and ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom