• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about getting a drone for surf fishing....call for ODT opinions...

Shark week......just saying
I agree! I grew up in the keys and have seen sharks hit a cardboard box floating, Styrofoam,also floating cans..I would not have one, that lands on the water...It's great looking down at the reefs but, where their is a reef and bait fish, their will be cuda's.. They would hammer one of these...

how often would you get to use it?
Not enough to justify its purchase, but that never stopped me before...

I agree! I grew up in the keys and have seen sharks hit a cardboard box floating, Styrofoam,also floating cans..I would not have one, that lands on the water...It's great looking down at the reefs but, where their is a reef and bait fish, their will be cuda's.. They would hammer one of these...

Yeah, but you don't have to land it in the water.

Not enough to justify its purchase, but that never stopped me before...

Yeah, but you don't have to land it in the water.
I agree and that is why I have the one I do...I read all about the drone posted,,and landing on water in my book is out of the question..Why? Just more things bad that can happen..With mine I can equip it with the ability to deploy a load, that is enough for me if I choose to. I can not walk but maybe 50yrds and be out of breath, with this one I have, I can sit at the cabin and fly to the stands and check them..I may at some point equip it with thermal, for spotting hogs and Yotes at night..

I agree and that is why I have the one I do...I read all about the drone posted,,and landing on water in my book is out of the question..Why? Just more things bad that can happen..With mine I can equip it with the ability to deploy a load, that is enough for me if I choose to. I can not walk but maybe 50yrds and be out of breath, with this one I have, I can sit at the cabin and fly to the stands and check them..I may at some point equip it with thermal, for spotting hogs and Yotes at night..

That's a great idea, just another reason this makes perfect sense to buy. :fish:

It's a multi purpose purchase. I could just tell my wife it was on sale so I actually made money buying it.....

There are definitely places around Amelia that this thing could be invaluable. One spot in particular comes to mind. :becky:

Hooked a King from the beach last year, but all the conditions were perfect. If I could get the bait another 30 yards out all kinds of possibilities would open up at that spot.

Back
Top Bottom