• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about moving to Valdosta , input please !

BobcatMan

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
192   0
Reaction score
Last year I lost my house in Woodstock , I'm currently up in cumming with an rv next to a fam members house. I've been looking at houses for over 6 months and cant find anything up here within my extended budget of 350. I've put contracts in on a few places and keep getting outbid or cash offers rule. In valdosta I can get a new built house 1750 square feet with a big yard for 300 no bidding or worrying about the house being 50 years old. Do yall think it's a good way to look at it and does anyone have experience with south ga ? I'm a little concerned with jobs, the lack of odt life and being out in the boondocks. Any input would be appreciated

Good onions too. Or is that another V-town?

I think a lot of folks are looking at moving as far away from the larger cities (and their inflated real estate prices) as they can. If you can make work 'work' there and you like the area I would definitely explore the option.

If you have established contacts and work opportunities here, I would ride it out until the end of the year. The economy is in an odd state right now and should play out towards 2024. I myself am playing it like it’s 2008! Make your $ and sit tight. Buying opportunities may be far more favorable with a slow down, if it comes to Georgia. The outliers regarding the economy are many, including the southeast seems to be poised for a busy year as everyone is moving here!!!
My greatest fear would be loosing the network of local contacts and opportunities here. I hate it here, but without all this traffic and congestion, the opportunities would be few.

Back
Top Bottom