• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about moving to Valdosta , input please !

Been in deep south ga my whole life, worked in valdosta 15 years and am 45 minutes NW of it now in Moultrie. Valdosta has gone down drastically in the last 5 years. It's slowly becoming another Albany. Cookie cutter houses being built and neighborhoods developed on north side of county on what was row crop farm land 10 years ago. Look at brooks, thomas or colquitt county. Thomas County is just north of Tallahassee, Thomasville has a lot of $ and job opportunity. Brooks or Colquitt to live in and work in Lowndes or Thomas.

Keep going a little ways and lose the state income tax?
Thought about that. I think u have to be those for 6 months and a day to start that. And the houses are so different Its scary to drop everything, plus with 6 dogs if a hurricane where to come by it be hard to pack em up

Reactions: GFB
Yall defenitly have me not wanting to go. I wanted to get a job a steeda , sent in my resume and they dont have any openings right now. Without job security it seems too risky.

Good onions too. Or is that another V-town?

I think a lot of folks are looking at moving as far away from the larger cities (and their inflated real estate prices) as they can. If you can make work 'work' there and you like the area I would definitely explore the option.
Vidalia is the onion Capitol of the world.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom