• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking about moving to Valdosta , input please !

Valdosta is o.k. College takes some of the rough edges off.

If I was free to make a life change though, I would keep going to PC or Pensacola. I worked on a project that focused on real estate in that area, and if you don't have to absolutely live on the beach, there is a lot of affordable houses in the area.

Last year I lost my house in Woodstock , I'm currently up in cumming with an rv next to a fam members house. I've been looking at houses for over 6 months and cant find anything up here within my extended budget of 350. I've put contracts in on a few places and keep getting outbid or cash offers rule. In valdosta I can get a new built house 1750 square feet with a big yard for 300 no bidding or worrying about the house being 50 years old. Do yall think it's a good way to look at it and does anyone have experience with south ga ? I'm a little concerned with jobs, the lack of odt life and being out in the boondocks. Any input would be appreciated
It's hot in the summer and warmer in the winter. Price is great, but the jobs and benefits not so much. Living in the boonies would be great though. You just have to decide what's more important. If you have kids in school, that's another thing to think about. As far as the ODT, well you can here from anywhere

Last year I lost my house in Woodstock , I'm currently up in cumming with an rv next to a fam members house. I've been looking at houses for over 6 months and cant find anything up here within my extended budget of 350. I've put contracts in on a few places and keep getting outbid or cash offers rule. In valdosta I can get a new built house 1750 square feet with a big yard for 300 no bidding or worrying about the house being 50 years old. Do yall think it's a good way to look at it and does anyone have experience with south ga ? I'm a little concerned with jobs, the lack of odt life and being out in the boondocks. Any input would be appreciated
When I retire, that's where I'm goin....already got the land.
Can't wait to retire and dragrace at the BEST dragstrip in the SOUTH!!!

Alotta weird stuff goes on around Moody AFB as well.
Gonna be this rednecks dream come true.

just the gnats would be enough to keep me from ever living in south ga

I work with leaky underground fuel storage tanks .
We had a long term job site in Valdosta at exit 11
I was there several days each month .

And we had a job site in Hopefull , about halfway between Camila and Bainbridge .

In the summer the humidity and gnats were unbearable for me .

If your budget is $300k , I’d think you should be able to find plenty in north Georgia .

Staying away from four lanes and touristy areas is the main thing for finding affordable housing.
If everyone from Florida is moving there and building and buying retirement homes or vacation homes , it’s gonna run the price up .
If everyone fleeing Atlanta is moving there , it’s gonna run the prices up.

But getting off the easy access four lanes also means no jobs .

I have 1.5 acres just outside Hiawassee with an older double wide on it , and had it listed a while back for $76k and not one single person was interested in it.
Had one guy offer me $40k .

Job opportunities and family , would be also a concern .

Do you have either in Valdosta or just throwing darts at a map ?

I grew up in Worth Co, near Lake Blackshear. It was a great place to grow up in the 80-90’s, but I’m not sure I would move back given the chance. Honestly, I think you’re thinking the wrong direction. Why not head north to Tennessee, you can have actual seasons, no state tax, and you can find properties in your budget close to manufacturing jobs.

just the gnats would be enough to keep me from ever living in south ga

I work with leaky underground fuel storage tanks .
We had a long term job site in Valdosta at exit 11
I was there several days each month .

And we had a job site in Hopefull , about halfway between Camila and Bainbridge .

In the summer the humidity and gnats were unbearable for me .

If your budget is $300k , I’d think you should be able to find plenty in north Georgia .

Staying away from four lanes and touristy areas is the main thing for finding affordable housing.
If everyone from Florida is moving there and building and buying retirement homes or vacation homes , it’s gonna run the price up .
If everyone fleeing Atlanta is moving there , it’s gonna run the prices up.

But getting off the easy access four lanes also means no jobs .

I have 1.5 acres just outside Hiawassee with an older double wide on it , and had it listed a while back for $76k and not one single person was interested in it.
Had one guy offer me $40k .

Job opportunities and family , would be also a concern .

Do you have either in Valdosta or just throwing darts at a map ?
Send me info

Back
Top Bottom