• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thinking bout raising rabbits for food

MAke sure there are no gaps anywhere on the pen, or the weasels will get them.

They will turn that rabbit into a sack of bones. Like a vampire .

Lay them across a stump and chop the head off with a real sharp bushaxe . Clean them immediately and put in ice water.

Fried is my favorite way.
Roll in flour, salt & pepper them to taste ,brown both sides , then turn n low & cover till tender. Rice ,gravy & biskets

My youngest Daughter has been wanting us to do this for a while. I'm looking forward to trying different recipes. Fried (right) and rabbit with dumplings (like chicken&dumplings) is a tie as of now for me.

Fried rabbit is the best way to prepare rabbit .
Man I don't have any rabbit but a Spam sammich sounds good to me.
I like Spam. However like so many things today you must read the label . They have tried to improve upon something that didn't require improvement. They have different flavors of Spam including Teriyaki. This was not needed and is not a improvement.
Luckily rabbits are just fine without much more than salt,pepper and flour.

Fried rabbit is the best way to prepare rabbit .
Man I don't have any rabbit but a Spam sammich sounds good to me.
I like Spam. However like so many things today you must read the label . They have tried to improve upon something that didn't require improvement. They have different flavors of Spam including Teriyaki. This was not needed and is not a improvement.
Luckily rabbits are just fine without much more than salt,pepper and flour.
I just had WAY too much spam growin up lol Can't stand it ;I can't think of any other food that I wouldn't tear into.....it's just'a Spam thang

Going to the trouble of catching a chicken, with all the commotion, cackling, flapping around, clawing your arms, got no problem chopping it's head off and squeezing the guts out of it. Cute little bunny just wiggling it's nose? Gonna have to dig a little deeper. Been spoiled and soften up by the grocery store. It's good. I have had it. Knew folks that depended on it growing up. Weren't coyotes back then but dogs were a problem

Back
Top Bottom