• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Third one this week......whistle pig!

I popped an immature one the other day from my second story window with a .22 quiet.
There are two very fat adults there and one more young one.
I watched one adult cross the street for the first time ever yesterday and he stood upright on the middle of the road.
A truck came flying up the road and tumbled him....he made it out alive...darn.

I popped an immature one the other day from my second story window with a .22 quiet.
There are two very fat adults there and one more young one.
I watched one adult cross the street for the first time ever yesterday and he stood upright on the middle of the road.
A truck came flying up the road and tumbled him....he made it out alive...darn.
Saved for you. Pow

Saved for you. Pow

Yeah buddy.
I thought deer were hard to hunt.
A mature groundhog can be a very formidable foe.
Can’t tell you how many times I opened up a window so slowly and quietly, chambered a round, ducked down, peeked out to make sure he wasn’t looking, brought my rifle up to my eye, looked through the scope .....only to have it bolt right before I pulled the trigger.
I swear those things have a sixth sense and just know when their ticket is gonna be punched.....at least the ones in my backyard do.

Yeah buddy.
I thought deer were hard to hunt.
A mature groundhog can be a very formidable foe.
Can’t tell you how many times I opened up a window so slowly and quietly, chambered a round, ducked down, peeked out to make sure he wasn’t looking, brought my rifle up to my eye, looked through the scope .....only to have it bolt right before I pulled the trigger.
I swear those things have a sixth sense and just know when their ticket is gonna be punched.....at least the ones in my backyard do.
They're all like that. They can even hear your thoughts when you try to decide how you're going to get a shot. They will ruin even the most well thought-out strategic plan!

Well, the season is winding down up here, but I have had a couple of successful nights. Can't provide any good pictures because I didn't get any on MY phone, but Gadgets has seen the fruits of our efforts. Got 4 the other night on Friday and on Sunday we knocked down at least 5. Anywhere from 40 yards out to about 130. So much fun lobbing those subsonic segmented CCI rounds out to distance and hearing the dull thud. No critter pics, but y'all can track this blood trail into next Spring when we start the fun all over again.

It's been fun. I have enjoyed everyone's contribution to this thread we all hijacked...18 pages ago! Special shout-out to Poppa Mike Poppa Mike for starting this ball rolling down hill.

IMG_20201011_180448387.jpg

Ok Everybody...it was 61 degrees today and the snow is still melting away, but I saw three of these critters today. It's supposed to be sunny and warm the next few days so I expect the season to kick off early this year.

Welcome to March... the beginning of Whistle Pig (Groundhog) Season!

Back
Top Bottom