• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This confuses my head....

I like the concept that led to the Santa Cruz (originally the Subaru Brat, followed by the Ford Explorer Sport Trac, and later, the Honda Ridgeline). I owned a Ford Explorer Sport Trac for 20 years.

For a weekend-warrior, being able to throw some pine straw, much, gravel, cement bags...whatever, in the back, and not dirty up the cabin, it's great. Also good for towing and launching smaller boats. Great for tailgating in comfort. You just have to realize it's not meant for folks who have heavy hauling and/or towing chores.

Ford has announced they are coming out with a smaller truck than the Ranger. It will be called the Maverick

Had a 1998 Ford Courier diesel 4x4 5 speed. It was a rebadged Mazda B3000 with 4 doors and short tray, bit lifted as standard compared to the Mazda. Was doing a LOT of camping for a few years there, was perfect for it with a camper shell. 2.5L turbo, wasn't too annoying around town. Did two proper 4wheeling desert trips, not going to try and say it kept up with the Landcruisers, only got stuck when I was being stupid and deserved to be so.
Something that size but rugged, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Hard to believe they once sold an off road vehicle with seats in the back with handles. I still remember the commercials. That would seriously trigger some people today!

32b9016f83a2e971828199e8f772ad51.jpg

I remember sitting next to my buddy one night during the summer break in 10th grade.
We were sitting in the jump seats and were shooting bottle rockets at the cars behind us.
Dayam man can’t believe we got away with that crap.

I remember sitting next to my buddy one night during the summer break in 10th grade.
We were sitting in the jump seats and were shooting bottle rockets at the cars behind us.
Dayam man can’t believe we got away with that crap.

I tell my kids all the time that I'm surprised they haven't died of boredom because they don't do any of the stuff we used to do!

Back
Top Bottom