• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This guy gonna be interesting

Yep they still seem much bigger up north.
Diet has a lot to do with it obviously although we had a lot of corn fields, alfalfa and other fattening crops up there.
Macon County has abundant agriculture and great genetics. There are some absolute huge deer down there.
Sometimes, the bodies of the deer down there actually make their rack look small in comparison.

Maybe a dumb question here, but wouldn't it be cheaper to go to a resort ranch for a few days and shoot one or two that someone else has fattened up. Getting your meals cooked for you and having your drinks served in glasses would probably be within the budget too :cool:.

If you want they would probably take care of the butchering and ship the meat to your home for you as well. Beats the heck out of lugging feed around yourself 24/7 unless you really enjoy doing the hard work of course ;).
You are properly correct but it's more of a hobby now to me than the kill.

FBFB3B08-6FF6-4611-A706-28FD76A8CF91.jpeg
A0B56AE7-54AC-4F94-BC53-AC78A0CF8387.jpeg
DD0EA9F2-6090-4C20-AEFE-D1209DA4A9CE.jpeg
Lost him first of season showed up 1/2 mile from summer range had only 1 daylight pic I was about 200 yards in a pine thicket this am broke his g4 week of Christmas but made it thru season.hopefully he will be bigger and better next year at least I found out where he’s going lost him last year also.

Back
Top Bottom