• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This guy was on the FBI’s Radar. Again they will investigate but didn’t do squat to stop the attack.

Because he was very obviously an islamic extremist. Media can't even put those two words together nowadays. If it's not a white kid, expect no coverage.

Obviously, you heard Islamic and assumed he had darker skin. Take a long hard look in the mirror.

Trevor Bickford

Capture.JPG

Talking about it isn't a crime. He broke no laws until he started swinging. What you're suggesting is that the various law enforcement agencies be given the power to arrest people for venting and expressing they frustration. That's a slippery slope I don't care to be on.

Huh? Yes it is. Communicating a threat, Criminal Conspiracy, Terroristic threats, are the first 3 that come to mind.

If what you said were true, then someone couldn't be arrested for threatening to kill someone or blow up a building. It is absolutely illegal to publicly make threats or admit to planning a crime. And by public, that means anywhere someone else can hear (even at home or on private forums).

Not saying that's what this kid did, as I don't know the whole story.

Huh? Yes it is. Communicating a threat, Criminal Conspiracy, Terroristic threats, are the first 3 that come to mind.

If what you said were true, then someone couldn't be arrested for threatening to kill conspiracy or blow up a building. It is absolutely illegal to publicly make threats or admit to planning a crime. And by public, that means anywhere someone else can hear (even at home or on private forums).

Not saying that's what this kid did, as I don't know the whole story.
What threats?
Conspiracy takes at least two people, who was the other co conspirator?
What links do you have that support these crimes before he started swinging?

What threats?

Did you bother to read what I said? I spoke about the comment saying, talking about committing a crime is not illegal. Yes, it is. And if you had read the last line, I said:

"Not saying that's what this kid did, as I don't know the whole story."

What threats?
From the preliminary investigation report:

"In or about late November or early December 2022, BICKFORD told a family member that he wanted to travel to Jordan and/or Afghanistan so that he could be a suicide bomber for his religion. BICKFORD considered traveling to Afghanistan via Jordan. In or about mid-December 2022, BICKFORD exchanged text messages, which I have reviewed, with his older brother (“Brother1”), a soldier in the U.S. military, in which BICKFORD expressed his intention to travel to Afghanistan to join the Taliban."

Several news sources state:

"The Times Square assault on three New York City police officers came just weeks after the suspect, 19-year-old Trevor Bickford of Maine, was placed on a federal watch list, authorities said. The FBI evaluated Bickford when his mother informed the agency he was gravitating toward Islamic extremism."

Sounds like a threat to me. And there's plenty reasons the FBI knew about to have intervened and prevented this.

His skin color is wholly irrelevant.

Significant "machete" btw
Screenshot_20230128-045757_Brave.jpg

"I wanted to kill an officer in uniform. I saw the office and waited until he was alone. I said 'Allauh Akbar.' I walked up and hit him over the head with a kukri. I charged another officer but dropped the knife and I tried to get the police officer's gun but couldn't," Bickford allegedly told detectives.

From the preliminary investigation report:

"In or about late November or early December 2022, BICKFORD told a family member that he wanted to travel to Jordan and/or Afghanistan so that he could be a suicide bomber for his religion. BICKFORD considered traveling to Afghanistan via Jordan. In or about mid-December 2022, BICKFORD exchanged text messages, which I have reviewed, with his older brother (“Brother1”), a soldier in the U.S. military, in which BICKFORD expressed his intention to travel to Afghanistan to join the Taliban."

Several news sources state:

"The Times Square assault on three New York City police officers came just weeks after the suspect, 19-year-old Trevor Bickford of Maine, was placed on a federal watch list, authorities said. The FBI evaluated Bickford when his mother informed the agency he was gravitating toward Islamic extremism."

Sounds like a threat to me. And there's plenty reasons the FBI knew about to have intervened and prevented this.
These were all found after the attack, and you were stating that he should have been stopped for crimes not yet known or attempted. Then you expressed false reasonings based on you non knowledge of laws.
Telling someone your thoughts doesn’t mean the other person was making plans with you.
To have a conspiracy charge you must have two or more people speak about what they were planing, AND a substantial actual action towards that plan.
Threat= Making a threat to one’s person IE: “I want to kill xxx…” “Or im calling to tell you that I will place a bomb on the x line bus today”
Not “I want to go join xxx foreign military group”. IE Taliban, or The French Foreign Legion.

Even if you are on a watch list doesn’t mean all your constitutional and human rights are suspended. (It means you cannot access certain mass transit and a Govt installations.It is a passive tool)
And it surely doesn’t mean they had a means to stop this one incident. Where would the man power come from to actively surveil every person that said they wanted to do something bad?
Not to mention all the prisoner housing…

Your whole reasoning sound very 1984, ya know thought crimes and all that…

Good thing you are wrong as we would only have a few members left on here, as most would be in a thought crime gulag for expressing their opinion about bad things… LOL

Back
Top Bottom