• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THIS is an ugly rifle!

So ugly it was cute!
Its not easy being green...

MxRXdOD.jpg

But it sure does shoot!!
I saw this thing months ago at a sort of local gun shop while looking for another wonder 9 pistol. I didnt handle it that day but thought dayuuum what an ugly rifle. Went home and googled "green rifle with camo stock" and there it was!!

Sauer 100 Cherokee

Laffed and laffed and went to bed. Thought about that butt ugly rifle all week. Looked at it online some more and realized the black version and silver coated barrel version were worse!! Couldnt find it anywhere in 7/08, so back to the sort of local gun shop to handle it. Just handle it!! Because I have restraint and control of my addiction! AND I have no use for 6.5 Creede!! Or any reloading supplies for the Creede

Got it home and installed the scope (thank ggodness the store had brass and dies) and realized how well it handles. Cleaned it, adjusted the trigger down from 4 1/2 pounds to 2 lbs 10 ozs....all with a simple allen key...WITHOUT REMOVING THE STOCK!! What genious thought of that?? Or better yet, why hasn't another maker done this??

This thing has a fully adjustable trigger without removing anything, a wonderfully shaped stock which also has a sort of rubberized feel, 3 position Remington style safety, and a bolt that glides as if on bearings and locks up tight!! The trigger is THE best factory trigger I have ever felt(not counting my Coopers). Breaks crisp with no takeup or over travel.

Fortunately it shoots a whole lot better than it looks. I tried several powders with SST's and Federal Fusion bullets. It seems to really like IMR 4451, which is nice cause I got 2 1/2 pounds the MRC 260 hated!! The target pic is 40 40.5 and 41 grains of 4451 and 140 grain Fusions, not bad!

No point to this other than to show off the ugliest rifle I not only own but have ever seen, and see what yall think of the Sauer 100 rifles.

huNhF5n.jpg

wdEkqUr.jpg

3ekutXo.jpg

Eui6Wjq.jpg

That’s going to be a dandy Deer Hammer.

My 260 is a lot heavier & somehow will be going on a diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom