• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is the right way to deal with the national anthem and athletes

The thing i dont understand is why the owners allow political stuff while their entertainer players are on the clock

I'd tell em they can do whatever they want on their own time on their day off but when they are on the clock and working and getting paid I expect them to refrain from politics

No different from any other employer

I do not know who wrote this but sharing as much as possible .

Repost

To football players who take a knee : Had to share this one…

To the NFL players who took a knee during the playing of the National Anthem.

So, you want to take a knee?

Take a trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won’t be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle. Wait your turn while listening to the screams of pain from the wounded.
Then take a knee.

Go to Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, dodging dead bodies and withering machine gun fire,…the very sea stained with American blood. Imagine that your fellow players are your dead brothers in arms.
Then take a knee.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. Over 60,000 Americans died in those jungles.There was no playbook or million dollar contracts for doing your job, but they understood what our flag represented. When they came home, they were protested by their fellow Americans.
Then take a knee while they spit on you..

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Trade in your pads for a Kevlar helmet and battle dress…You’ll have to stay hydrated, but there won’t be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. And watch out for those IEDs when you take a knee.

There’s a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your protest, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That’s what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled it defending your liberty.

So while you’re on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on manicured fields striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of game yardage…but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains…every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans…just American men and women on the land, air, and sea, delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us..so you would have the opportunity to dishonor their service by ”taking a knee.”

You have no clue what it took to get you where you are…but your ”protest” is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation, it points to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your stats and game jersey are forgotten…

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we’ll both kneel before Almighty God. We’ll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We’ll beg forgiveness for both of our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We’ll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We’ll pray for liberty and justice for all….because He is the one who provides those things.

But no protesting allowed. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave.

May He continue to bless America, the ignorant and selfish sinners we all are. What an incredible gift He has given us!

I'd love to see the Coach Williams do this for the NFL players that disrespect our Veterans by taking a knee during the National Anthem. He talked to his players and told them how a man should act. I wish we saw more of this. Oh sure the NFL players are big, muscled and possibly buffed up on skill enhancing drugs -- but that does not make them a man in my eyes. Being able to knock another player down on the football field doesn't make them a man. What makes a man comes from the heart through respect, sacrifice, service to others and a deep respect for this country of ours -- with all its faults.....

I'm sick and tired of watching those pampered, whining, mealy mouthed, cowards spew their hatred on America. I for one will not watch them any more. I have elected to use my god-given-right to "CHANGE CHANNELS" when a game comes on. I will not watch them disrespect this country that has given them everything. Go ahead take a knee -- you'll not see me watch nor support your sport..... JMHO

Money, money, money! Once the ratings and sponsors drop and players start worrying about losing money, they will fake it and stand up for the Flag! Hopefully fans aren't stupid enough to fall for that? Who am I trying to kid........

Back
Top Bottom