• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is what happens when you don't use cheap oil

I guess Fram is still OK, but I have started going with K&N on cars I care about.

The weight of the filter is much higher. I haven't cut either one open, but I think the K&N filter stuff must be a lot more legit.

No do not use Fram oil filters! They clog very quickly and go into bypass mode way too soon. I always used Fram filters but never again. Napa platinum or k&n is a much better choice.

No do not use Fram oil filters! They clog very quickly and go into bypass mode way too soon. I always used Fram filters but never again. Napa platinum or k&n is a much better choice.

Thanks!

I think they used to be OK, but maybe they are junk now. I have noticed they are pretty light.

This for sho'

Several YouTube videos take apart popular brands of filters, and Fram is always the worse.

Whenever I get a "free" Fram filter, I just take it on to Goodwill.

Vintage British sports cars aren’t known for anything great.

Some do look cool.

But yeah. You better be a good mechanic.
I disagree on "anything great" the Original Mini has won more grass roots to major races still to this day. the Austin Martin, Austin Healey , the XKE and other Jaguars, the Brit made Ford Cortinas ,Sebring LeMons ,Silverstone. so yeah there are some great British cars and they had great mechanics to work on these figitty sprites. These cars made up most of the trans am racing circuit over the world.

My brother's van just had the cheap-o oil filter blow the rubber o-ring out, some 2 weeks and only a few hundred miles after a quicky-lube oil change place did an oil and filter change for him. It dumped out all the engine's oil in seconds.
He didn't pull over soon enough after the engine light came on (he went maybe another mile), and it damaged the engine internally. Had a bad knock after that.
But the oil change place stood behind the product they used and, seeing it was the filter's failure that caused this problem, they ordered a rebuilt engine and installed it, at no charge.
when i hear this..most of the time someone double gasketed the filter and caused the failure..most wont admit to that..second side of that is the wrong filter with a relief valve problem can cause oil filter to swell at pop the filter. the end result is always the same regardless.

Not sure. I just know it died one day about 30 or more miles from home. When I turned the key it would just make that clicking buzzing noise like it couldn't engage or turn the flywheel. It seemed like the engine just locked up. I guess it could've been the timing belt but I looked under the plastic cover and it seemed tight.

Sounds like a dead battery or bad cable connection or bad starter

I disagree on "anything great" the Original Mini has won more grass roots to major races still to this day. the Austin Martin, Austin Healey , the XKE and other Jaguars, the Brit made Ford Cortinas ,Sebring LeMons ,Silverstone. so yeah there are some great British cars and they had great mechanics to work on these figitty sprites. These cars made up most of the trans am racing circuit over the world.

My dad has a '64 Series I E-type. It is hands down the best car that I have ever driven. Nothing can possibly compare to the way an E-type lets you connect with the car and feel the road

the older vehicles needed a zinc component not present in new oils as well as synthetics these days. It was to help with friction on flat tappet cams as well as Babbitt bearings. It is very possible that in classic cars may be doing damage internally.
What are you running RP in? You ever ran Schaeffer's?

My dad has a '64 Series I E-type. It is hands down the best car that I have ever driven. Nothing can possibly compare to the way an E-type lets you connect with the car and feel the road
I had the opportunity to drive a series 3, a great car but the series one was the best and most sought after..great ride!

Back
Top Bottom