• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is what happens when you don't use cheap oil

There is no doubt synthetics offer more protection for a longer time. A lot of guys in here are to young to remember the old Quaker state oils. They added paraffin to the oil and man could you tell who used that junk when you cracked open an engine. Just a terrible blend. But the modern conventional
oils have come a long way over the last 30 years or so. All of mine that run conventional have looked like new the few times I've had valve covers or intakes off. In usually change them around 5500 miles or so.
I'm 29 but I'm a mechanic by trade so I've scraped a few free of wax, you can never get it all off. Also had to add lead to that truck when we filled her up.

Toyota better hit 300! I always changed my own oil until I learned you can take your oil and filter to walmart and they'll do it for $8.

My Tacoma has 350k and my amazing $200 Camry I got off here is at 195k.

My 2005 Accord laughs at your attempt at humor. I use only synthetic oil and factory filter. Original engine and transmission. 1 clutch about 55,000 miles ago.

Attachments

• 20190414_193859 (1).jpeg
    20190414_193859 (1).jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 23
266,890 on the '06 Explorer. Only used Walmart full synthetic every 4k miles.
Our 06 Explorer hit 100k and started shutting off on the interstate while it was trying to see how many radiators it could blow out of it. Is yours the v6 or v8?

I think 300k on Honda's and Toyota's is 100% standard procedure. Or else you did something wrong.

Lol my job has me in the car driving around town all day. This is the perfect vehicle for that. Besides, how else can I take two jet skis up to the lake for an afternoon without a trailer?

View attachment 2092057

Hell yea! Back that thing all the way down the ramp and drive em right the ****out!

Our 06 Explorer hit 100k and started shutting off on the interstate while it was trying to see how many radiators it could blow out of it. Is yours the v6 or v8?

I think 300k on Honda's and Toyota's is 100% standard procedure. Or else you did something wrong.
4.0 V6 I've replaced the radiator one time.

Hell yea! Back that thing all the way down the ramp and drive em right the ****out!

Yep that's pretty much how I do it. My superjet is about 290 lb and my FX1 is only 245 lb. Just grab them by the hull and drag them out into the water!

I do get some pretty weird looks at the boat launch when I back my van into the lake though lol

Back
Top Bottom