• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This is why hunting Cape Buffalo is ALWAYS interesting!

That's it!!!! Now I'm definitely getting that 458 Win Mag.

I don't understand why the Buff wasn't shot multiple times. I see that it's thick stuff, but...Anyways, the guy is lucky to be alive and his son has some big stones to go at it with a knife.

Big Foot never killed anyone. Can't say the same for Buff. Chances are there's not a week goes by they don't kill someone.

I would fear a cape buffalo more than almost any other dangerous game. Hippos are bad too.

That's it!!!! Now I'm definitely getting that 458 Win Mag.

I don't understand why the Buff wasn't shot multiple times. I see that it's thick stuff, but...Anyways, the guy is lucky to be alive and his son has some big stones to go at it with a knife.
Just so you know, Mr. Lott created the 458 LOTT because he was almost killed by a Buff that a 458 Win Mag failed to stop. I took one with a 375 Remington Ultra Mag that develops much more energy and penetration than a 458 Win Mag does. I hit him with a soft for a double lung shot, then a solid for a double lung shot, then a solid that went in near the front of his right shoulder and went all the way through the body cavity and stopped in his left hip. From the time of the first shot to the time after the third shot and he had finally gone down was over ten minutes. These are incredibly tough animals with a very bad attitude.

Most of the time when a hunter gets killed by one it's not because they missed the shot, it's because the Buff just doesn't give a damn that they have been shot... with an elephant gun!

Back
Top Bottom