• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This Morning GA Senators Voted on Whether to Put Themselves on the Exempt List

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
It was an amendment to a bill by Sen Bill Heath(404) 656-3943( be nice, really ). They failed but only by 3 votes. This list of people is in GA code 16-130, it's a list of "Special" people whose lives are worth more than yours. They can carry anywhere in GA WITHOUT a license.

They tried this several years ago and my Senator voted for it ( I called him and expressed my displeasure ) this time he texted and told me about it. I tried to get him to add an amendment to put GWL holders on that list but the time had passed for amendments. He voted against the amendment this time.

If this list must exist then License Holders should be on it first. Frankly the list needs to be gone, and so does the license.

Look at the picture and find your Senator.
If they voted Y call and express nicely your displeasure( explain that if anyone deserves to be on this list it's GWL holders, folks that paid for a license and have been background checked ).

If they voted N call and thank them. Find your Senator here(on the right side): https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do

Here is the vote:
@StefanTurk 2h2 hours ago
Here is how the Senate voted on whether legislators can carry guns everywhere. It failed 23-26 #gapol
C4UQf0nWQAAU3Sz.jpg

Are you sure that's the right screen shot? 2017-2018 SB18 is:

"Georgia Public Safety Training Center; any member of security police force; retain his/her weapon and badge under certain conditions."

http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/Display/20172018/SB/18

Perhaps there was an amendment I missed?

Yes I was watching it this morning. Sen Heath tried this as a floor amendment. They tried one...oh back in 2010-11(don't remember). Same stuff different year. The bill passed(without the amendment) something like 47-1, it now goes to the house to consider.

Back
Top Bottom