• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This Morning GA Senators Voted on Whether to Put Themselves on the Exempt List

It was an amendment to a bill by Sen Bill Heath(404) 656-3943( be nice, really ). They failed but only by 3 votes. This list of people is in GA code 16-130, it's a list of "Special" people whose lives are worth more than yours. They can carry anywhere in GA WITHOUT a license.

They tried this several years ago and my Senator voted for it ( I called him and expressed my displeasure ) this time he texted and told me about it. I tried to get him to add an amendment to put GWL holders on that list but the time had passed for amendments. He voted against the amendment this time.

If this list must exist then License Holders should be on it first. Frankly the list needs to be gone, and so does the license.

Look at the picture and find your Senator.
If they voted Y call and express nicely your displeasure( explain that if anyone deserves to be on this list it's GWL holders, folks that paid for a license and have been background checked ).

If they voted N call and thank them. Find your Senator here(on the right side): https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do

Here is the vote:Yea , he thinks he's special alright ...

C4UQf0nWQAAU3Sz.jpg

I don't think yours, or my life is worth any less than a legislators, but I do think, as a legislator, there would be a higher level of risk of being specifically targeted by any number of crazies, unhappy with the way a vote went.

Maybe view it as part of the pay package for placing themselves in a position of personal risk.

I know law enforcement don't have absolute carry rights, but can't they go places with a weapon, you and I cannot?

Can you post the list of all the politicians who have been "specifically targeted by any number of crazies, unhappy with the way a vote went"? I'd like to know exactly how many have been harmed.

Also can show the part in 2A, or anywhere else in the Constitution, where it says the government has the power/right to protect itself from the people by creating a separate distinction from the people?

]
My stinker voted Yes. Dugan.

He is mine too and I just sent him an email voicing my displeasure.

UPDATE-------This is what I wrote him about the bill...

"Sir, it has come to my attention that you voted YES on "SB18" allowing YOU to legally carry your gun anywhere in GA WITHOUT a license, yet I have to have a license and may not carry everywhere in GA.
> You must think that your life is worth much more than mine or my loved ones.
> If this comes up again, and you vote for it without putting license holders on it, I will vote against you and ask others to do the same.
> Thank you"

And his response to me....

"Fair enough David. SB 18 allows retired law enforcement officials to retain their side arm after they leave public service. Two others tried to add an amendment to the bill that would have added the provision you mentioned. I honestly was torn on the vote for the perception of the exact things you mentioned. If it does come up in this form again I can assure you that my vote won't be the same.

I appreciate your writing to me with your position in this failed amendment to what is otherwise a very good bill."

Mike

I too wrote to my Senator Ben Watson to politely show my disappointment in his yes vote and that if anyone should be added to OCGA 16-11-130 exemption it ought to be GWCL holders.

I find it odd "informed" pro-constitution legislators would be "torn" adding permit carriers to this bill.

There is honest peer-reviewed studies that confirm permit holders have lower crime rates, shoot less innocent by standers than "trained" police officers.

Both are exceptionally low, less than a fraction of 1%. If anything a permit holder SHOULD have been the FIRST group to receive special consideration and LEO/Politicians second.

Perception vs. reality is often separated.

Back
Top Bottom