• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This should be the most popular forum topic right now.

I can't imagine too many would voluntarily starve themselves to death.
Cities have about 1 week of food.
Most people now days have less than 2 days supplies of food. How long do you think it would taken them to think that they might have a better chance outside their city?
Most people I talk to think the moutains are a Garden of Eden and the Horn of Plenty. Deer and berries everywhere.

Cities have about 1 week of food.
Most people now days have less than 2 days supplies of food. How long do you think it would taken them to think that they might have a better chance outside their city?
Most people I talk to think the moutains are a Garden of Eden and the Horn of Plenty. Deer and berries everywhere.
I don't think anyone I know would flee an area with resources to go to a rural area where there aren't any. If anything they'd flee to another urban/suburban environment. Not too many are considering becoming homesteaders.

Run to the hills and the woods is always the response and I can tell you for a fact the hills and woods are not going to be so welcoming to the fleeing populace and its the answer I always receive from people from back home
Tell them to flee to the woods now and eat for a week on what's available with minimal pressure from anyone else. Reality sets in extremely quickly when fantasy wears off.

I don't think anyone I know would flee an area with resources to go to a rural area where there aren't any. If anything they'd flee to another urban/suburban environment. Not too many are considering becoming homesteaders.
Resources are probably less in cities, but either way most people don't have enough to eat for a couple days, even if they ration themselves.
Fact is most, maybe not you, have the impression that they can survive in the wild, after all their ancestors did and they are smarter...

Resources are probably less in cities, but either way most people don't have enough to eat for a couple days, even if they ration themselves.
Fact is most, maybe not you, have the impression that they can survive in the wild, after all their ancestors did and they are smarter...
I can't imagine a rural area with more food per square mile than a city. I can't imagine any of the city dwellers I live amongst that would think they could survive in the wild. I wouldn't want to, and I grew up in one of the most rural places in the country and I spent time eating sparrows and bullhead for fun as a kid.

Yes the population density is high in cities, but so is resource density. There's much more food in cities than rural areas.

I can't imagine a rural area with more food per square mile than a city. I can't imagine any of the city dwellers I live amongst that would think they could survive in the wild. I wouldn't want to, and I grew up in one of the most rural places in the country and spent time eating sparrows and bullhead for fun as a kid.

Yes the population density is high in cities, but so is resource density. There's much more food in cities than rural areas.
Those "resources" will last a few days at best. If you don't have your own resources, and a way to protect them, then you don't have any resources.
If history is our guide it would suggest that starving people will revert to "hunter gatherers" that means they will spread out and find their own resources.

Those "resources" will last a few days at best. If you don't have your own resources, and a way to protect them, then you don't have any resources.
If history is our guide it would suggest that starving people will revert to "hunter gatherers" that means they will spread out and find their own resources.
There's just no way that the elderly, boomers, gen Z, and millenials are going to become hunter gatherers in the forest.

Back
Top Bottom