• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This should be the most popular forum topic right now.

Tree cover and heat are good when considering any eyes from above.
True, but I don't think too many hood rats have pilot's licenses. If we are minding our own business and behaving I think those with aircraft will be busy doing other things, besides, if we are taking care of problems on the ground that's just one more thing they don't have to worry about.

This is true...haha.

I think the main reason why I try to encourage all my neighbors, associates, coworkers and family
members to be prepared is so I don’t have to deal with them once the SHTF.
The less people shooting at
me the better.

Absolutely, most people you know think that they can come over if the SHTF, I don't even like people that much unless they own a dog. I have stocked up on boxes of MRE's, can food, Water filitrations systems and other items. I just went to a Estate Sale, picked up high end knee braces and ankle stabilizers for $9.

The mountains are a mixed blessing, they offer a lot of cover for those with a SHTF plan, but they also offer a lot of cover to those that may want to sneak up you.

Fortunately for us, our family are farmers in west Texas - flat as a pancake and you can see for miles. We will have enough eyes to cover 360 degrees 24 hours a day and enough ordnance to take care of business from 2,000 yards in. The family have seeds and equipment to grow a variety of foods and the area has plenty of Dove, Deer and Hogs to supplement the domestic cattle herd. Clean well water is available as is oil and natural gas for heating/cooking, so we should be O.K.

God forbid it should happen, but if it does our most important decision will be when to leave.

Dang, Your bug out location is half a continent to the west. May God clear your path.

The only real SHTF situations I can come up with in the United States that are not based on fantasy doomsday scenarios are the Great Depression , Dust Bowl and Hurricane Katrina. People were displaced and moved involuntarily and eventually voluntarily searching for jobs, food and homes. Not all parts of the country were impacted the same way or with the same level of severity. Federal government resources were needed to keep people going and help them rebuild their lives. Obviously, some people have other resources and support networks to help them survive and are more self-sufficient than others.

Soup lines , homeless shelters , National Guard distribution points were set up in urban areas / cities and not in the middle of the woods or on top of mountains.

Everyone with common sense buys non perishable food items and stockpiles as much as they can based on the space they have available. Especially when you buy it on sale. Being involved in your community and being part of a good church family is always helpful .

The point I am trying to make is if the SHTF and lasts long enough you will have to move on at some point when your resources are exhausted. Or will you just ride your horse for transportation and live off squirrels and the catfish you catch in the river. You can make your candles using the beeswax from the bee hive colony you have on your property. Don't forget to install some solar panels so your well pump can keep working.

The only real SHTF situations I can come up with in the United States that are not based on fantasy doomsday scenarios are the Great Depression , Dust Bowl and Hurricane Katrina. People were displaced and moved involuntarily and eventually voluntarily searching for jobs, food and homes. Not all parts of the country were impacted the same way or with the same level of severity. Federal government resources were needed to keep people going and help them rebuild their lives. Obviously, some people have other resources and support networks to help them survive and are more self-sufficient than others.

Soup lines , homeless shelters , National Guard distribution points were set up in urban areas / cities and not in the middle of the woods or on top of mountains.

Everyone with common sense buys non perishable food items and stockpiles as much as they can based on the space they have available. Especially when you buy it on sale. Being involved in your community and being part of a good church family is always helpful .

The point I am trying to make is if the SHTF and lasts long enough you will have to move on at some point when your resources are exhausted. Or will you just ride your horse for transportation and live off squirrels and the catfish you catch in the river. You can make your candles using the beeswax from the bee hive colony you have on your property. Don't forget to install some solar panels so your well pump can keep working.
If this was to happen now the whole world would go back to the stone age till everything could be repaired. That could take a couple of years. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrington_Event

Thanks. 15 hours obeying speed limits with 2 stops.

Be prepared to show your vaccine passport at the UN checkpoints. I would bet there is already a provision in place for the blue helmets to assist in maintaining order.

Be prepared to show your vaccine passport at the UN checkpoints. I would bet there is already a provision in place for the blue helmets to assist in maintaining order.
UN_helmet-bullet-holes-paranoid-republicans.jpg

The most believable to me is an interruption in guel. Remember the panic when a FEW stations were out of gas during Obama? Now imagine just three days with no fuel. Grocery stores don't get restocked and we'd go from business as usual to complete anarchy in less than a week, guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom