• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

This stay in place order... Is it legally binding?

"Kemp says" won't hold up in court, at the end of the day. He's not an emperor. He cannot suspend the Bill of Rights.

I realize that this is largely academic, and that a cop can be a dick and harass you anyway, despite most cops being good people doing a tough job...

But at the end of the day, this is a larger discussion that I think needs to be had... Can a single government employee, simply issue a memo and negate our Constitutional Rights?

If they can, then why even HAVE a Bill of Rights?

Lol! Your rights were taken away a long time ago when the Supreme Court said you can't grow your own food. The rest is theater.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

None of this should come as a surprise to a forum full of 2nd Amendment supporters. The men who wrote the Bill of Rights described this extensively. Government does what government does.

My own take on the current situation: Follow the dictates of the elected leaders during the pandemic, not because they carry the force of law, but because they are (mostly) well-intentioned and not logically unreasonable. We chose leaders, and those leaders are asking us to follow in ways that (again, mostly) make sense for our communities and the nation as a whole.

If those dictates get unreasonable, and you can't comply as a matter of consience, e.g., door to door searches, or practicality, e.g., unique life and death circumstances for you or family, each of us will have to choose a course of action, either civil disobedience, or heaven forbid, outright physical resistance.

Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail in all of these matters.

Curfew, because the virus only spreads at night. No riding around, because you can spread the virus to yourself in your vehicle. You'd think we lived in a communist country. And alot of cops will go happily enforce it.

Giving up liberties in order to "save people" or "beat this thing" is the same 'logic' they use when they come to take our weapons.

And do you want to find yourself in a cell with a bunch of Corona virus breathing neckbeards?
Why would I find myself in a cell with a bunch of beer breathed neckbeards?

Why do you assume I'd survive an encounter with a statist, bootlicking piece of shyte cop? Or, that they could get me under control?

Kemps order says in there that only the State Police are allowed to enforce it at this time. So your local Gwinnett, APD, Sheriff or whoever cant enforce Kemps order until he deputizes them.
Plus isn't there a shortage of GSP right now? I barely ever see them around here. My thoughts? Good luck enforcing this. I mean there are literally still a dozen reasons I can go out now, even under Kemp's "order". I can still go to work, grocery store, pharmacy, the liquor store, the gun store, hardware store, to exercise outdoors, etc. IF I or anyone else gets stopped, guess what? I'm on my way to do one of those things. :noidea:

Back
Top Bottom