• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Those of you that have been to South Africa to hunt

A co-worker went about a year before the pandemic. He bowhunts, which was kind of a surprise to the PH, but once he showed them he could hit on-demand they were on board. He had an amazing experience and got some great trophies.

Africahunting.com is a great site with a lot of hunts / information from different PHs and hunters. I have hunted Limpopo Province and brought home quite a few different heads. I was also lucky in that I was invited to participate in a cull hunt on a massive game farm (about 250,000 acres). Great experience that you wont ever forget. Dont let the local officials at O. R. Tambo airport fleece you out of money. I have had them try to con me in S.A., Russia, and the Middle East. I normally bring a couple of swiss army knives (little ones) as gifts. Works quite well for me. Since you already have a booked hunt with a PH, I wont recommend anyone to you. The advice from Kuduman is spot on. Take all of your high end valuables: binos, rangefinder, cameras, etc in your carry on. If you want to have some fun; put a note on top of your clothes (inside your luggage) in English, Afrikaans, and Zulu, that says: "Death will come to whoever steals from me......King Chuckabobo" put some voodoo signs below the writing on the paper. Be careful that you dont slip on the **** (scared out of the customs officials) when picking up your luggage. Be a shame to travel that far and hurt your back slipping on a pile of ****.

Tell me what you know
Looking to make a kudu, Buffalo, and wildebeast hunt with crusader safaris
Fill me in

Better bring at least a .375, or medium bore, & be accurate with it.

Africahunting.com forum is a great forum for knowledge.

I acquired my .375 on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"There is no hunting like the hunting of armed men, and those who have ever hunted armed men and been hunted by them in return, seldom care for any other kind". Hemingway, I think

I do not care to hunt myself, but have nothing against it as I used to let folks hunt my land with one condition: Keep your *%@& mouth shut and do not tell anyone that you have been hunting on my land. They could not do it. Usually withing a day or two, one of my neighbors would tell me "oh yea, so and so told me he shot two 8 pointers on you land yesterday"......

Years ago I bought a .416 Rem Mag barrel/bolt for my Blaser 93.
It was for the African safari I never got to take.
Its for sale if you have a Blaser 93.

Back
Top Bottom