• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thought about selling my 300 blackout...

Who else is shooting 300 blackout?

• I am.

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • I am not.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • I'm interested in it.

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Dirty J

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
338   0
Reaction score
Until I took it back to the range today. Man, what a fun, versitile platform. It had just been sitting in the safe for the better part of a year.

Got your 220grain, über quiet subsonic rounds dribbling out at 1000fps... Your 147 grain all purpose stuff humming along at 1600-1800fps.. And still yet the sub-125gr grain loads zipping along at 2200+fps

And the giggle factor of subs shooting suppressed cannot be discounted.

711CD417-D491-4D12-8A6A-5BE696B85DF6.jpeg

I bought an AR in .300 this past year and it's one cool little platform. I'm amazed at the different grain bullets available. It took me years to get on board and I'm definitely impressed. Add a bolt gun in .300BO and toss reloading into the mix and look out! The bolt gun suppressed is movie quiet.

I have gotten to where I only shoot mine hunting supersonic. Only time I have ever shot subs is to impress buddies at the range.
I can appreciate that. And that's kinda what I was getting at. Makes for a nice hunting caliber here in Georgia, where you're not making 300+He shots on the regular.

Subs make for a nice home defense round tho.

Until I took it back to the range today. Man, what a fun, versitile platform. It had just been sitting in the safe for the better part of a year.

Got your 220grain, über quiet subsonic rounds dribbling out at 1000fps... Your 147 grain all purpose stuff humming along at 1600-1800fps.. And still yet the sub-125gr grain loads zipping along at 2200+fps

And the giggle factor of subs shooting suppressed cannot be discounted.

View attachment 1431233
What barrel length? I'm trying to decide somewhere 7.5"-9" for hunting.

I love my .300 SBR. I will buy another after SHOT of this year but with a brace. I no longer want to be limited when someone calls me on short notice to go hog hunting across state lines. I am thinking the Rattler will fit the bill perfectly for that.

I love my .300 SBR. I will buy another after SHOT of this year but with a brace. I no longer want to be limited when someone calls me on short notice to go hog hunting across state lines. I am thinking the Rattler will fit the bill perfectly for that.
My next will be a braced pistol for sure, but I keep active 5320.20's for all surrounding states for just such instances.

Back
Top Bottom