• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on becoming and old man. To those of you who call us Fudds.

Pain is God's way of letting you know you're still alive...don't worry until it stops hurting.
Our priority’s change as we age u get to where u don’t give a&$&& what say are do our what others think.Most young guys don’t understand some never get chance to learn . A little wisdom to young guys don’t forget age & treachery will prevail over youth & exuberance must of the time .

I am 65. I used to feel like you in some ways. Like you, and most other boomers that look into the mirror don't like what is looking back at them. It often makes you mad at the world. How did this happen to me? Time flies by and here ya are. It takes time to work through it. But the sooner you do, the quicker you can make peace with yourself and enjoy what is left to come. Here is what helps me: Quit feeling sorry for yourself, that just wastes another day of your life. Quit blaming and criticizing young people for your problems and the problems of the world. They did not create all these messes we are in, boomers did. They have to live with it and try and fix it. Yeah yeah you thought you were a big bad ass. Well I guess you never learned that there is always someone bigger and badder then you. It is usually the quiet guy sitting in the corner minding his own business until you just kept on with your bull sh*t, then he mops the floor with you. We had our glory days. Enjoy the memories tell stories with other boomers. Don't expect younger gens to be interested in your BS. Maybe these young people that you complain about will show you some respect, if you do the same for them. Just being old does not command respect. That's all I got to say about that!
I think you missed the point of my little story

I guess I must have. I guess I was telling my own story and didn't realize it.
I was just making a funny. I never thought I was the baddest ass in the world and I don't harbor any hostility to the next generation. Its was an attempt at comedy, maybe I missed my mark.

Back
Top Bottom