• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on installing an in ground pool? Type and pros vs cons?

If you have a pool would you do it again?

• Yes

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Not only no but hell no!

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I am 3 miles from FL.

For all of the in ground pool owners:
What type (concrete, fiberglass or liner) and why did you choose it over the others?
Your average cost to have it installed?
What size and depth?
Salt water or Chlorine pool?

I am 3 miles from FL.

For all of the in ground pool owners:
What type (concrete, fiberglass or liner) and why did you choose it over the others?
Your average cost to have it installed?
What size and depth?
Salt water or Chlorine pool?

I'm happy with my liner pool. Cost was the big reason I went liner. I like the salt cell systems too. Maintenance is a breeze. 33K installed. 16x32 lazy L 8.5 feet deep on the deep end.

I have a liner pool, salt water system, 14x32 Oasis 6ft.
latest pool.JPG

dont do it. the very definition of money pit.... everyone who says they will help you are lairs. i know its hard to hear that about family, but its true. you will clean it,you will buy all the chemicals,floats,doo dads,an whatcha jiggers. it will jack up your power bill,they wont use it much,you will despise it and not use it yourself,and you will get in trouble for looking at your wife's friends on the rare occasion they use it.
the sad part is, you wont be looking at them, you will be staring blankly at the pool thinking "dang it,poopdaddy warned me"
but thats just my 2 cents....

And it sucks because there is no average cost of a pool. Cheapies are $20k and decent size chick magnets are in the $70s. My father in-law a big time pool contractor in south Texas.....he always says he isn't selling pools to dudes, just their wives and the husband just pays for it. I would do the math and spend that money on vacations or a lake house or something that will appreciate in value. The sad truth with a pool is they either do nil for you selling or actually hurt you if your house ever hits the market

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We have a liner pool that was already there when we bought the house. It is 20'x40'. We've been at the house almost 3 years and we still use it almost every weekend. When we eventually build a house we will definitely build another pool. I will probably go with a smaller fiberglass pool next time. I do all of the maintenance. I don't think the maintenance is bad as long as you don't let it get away from you.

dont do it. the very definition of money pit.... everyone who says they will help you are lairs. i know its hard to hear that about family, but its true. you will clean it,you will buy all the chemicals,floats,doo dads,an whatcha jiggers. it will jack up your power bill,they wont use it much,you will despise it and not use it yourself,and you will get in trouble for looking at your wife's friends on the rare occasion they use it.
the sad part is, you wont be looking at them, you will be staring blankly at the pool thinking "dang it,poopdaddy warned me"
but thats just my 2 cents....
And it reduces the market for your house by about 75% when you get ready to sell,cell,sail, it.

Back
Top Bottom