• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THOUGHTS ON REMINGTON V3 28" WALNUT STOCK SHOTGUN/UPDATE BOUGHT A BERETTA!

Putnambuck

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
Started sporting clays recently and have a company/corporate shoot in a month or so and thinking about a new shotgun.
Any thoughts bad or good would be appreciated.
Not looking to drain all my gun money but looking for something in the $700 to $800 range.
If not the V3 then what do you fellas recommend?

I have actually been looking at the A300 as another option, inertia vs gas in the Remington.
Supposedly the gas has less felt recoil but hell I don't know if it's enough to tell the difference

The Beretta is gas operated.

If you shoot high volume, the Beretta is more reliable. You should be able to find a Beretta 390/391 in good shape for $800.

Consider a Beretta 301/302/303 which has basically the same action, and is considered a really soft shooting gun.

The Beretta is gas operated.

If you shoot high volume, the Beretta is more reliable. You should be able to find a Beretta 390/391 in good shape for $800.

Consider a Beretta 301/302/303 which has basically the same action, and is considered a really soft shooting gun.
You're right about the Beretta being gas operated....I've been looking at so many different shotguns I got messed up on what has what...my bad.
I'm looking hard at a Beretta A300 Outlander, just trying to figure it out.
Thanks for the input

I have 26” v3 walnut and love it. I don’t know anything about the beretta, so I can’t speak for it or say one is more reliable than the other. I haven’t put it through a torture test, but I will say I’ve never had a problem with it. The gas design is very simple. No adjustments, no rings to wear out. It has a great factory recoil pad, and it is super soft shooter. It’s definitely not a show piece, but it does what I bought it for and hasn’t given me the first problem. FWIW, Randy Wakeman claims it’s the best out there in it’s price range. Based on the experience I’ve had with mine, I’d say he’s probably right

Thought I'd just let the ones who replied to my original post know I wound up getting a new Beretta A300 Outlander.
Got a heckuva price on Gunbroker($499) out the door with free shipping, plus $20 at my FFL
I got the Synthetic 28" model, picked it up yesterday. I haven't shot it but I like the looks and feel of it.

Thought I'd just let the ones who replied to my original post know I wound up getting a new Beretta A300 Outlander.
Got a heckuva price on Gunbroker($499) out the door with free shipping, plus $20 at my FFL
I got the Synthetic 28" model, picked it up yesterday. I haven't shot it but I like the looks and feel of it.
Damn nice snag!

Back
Top Bottom