• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on this?

SirBannedAlot

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
171   0
Reaction score
https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/20...g-guns-without-a-license-lying-in-statements/

Besides the obvious that this guy was a dumbass... But to the bigger question of "online private sales"... Because of knuckleheads like this, forums like this get more and more scrutiny...

Would we be better off without the rating system? Maybe have a ratio in the background calculate either "green means go" or a "Yellow, proceed with caution"....

I wonder as thigs continue to crack down, if they would look at forums like this, and when you see someone with 400+ transactions, are you calling undue attention to yourself, especially if you are someone who buys and trades to make a few extra bucks? We all know that those types exist, here and elsewhere. As I approach the 100 trade mark, I get a little concerned that I have hit a point where someone would look at me and think, maybe I am operating as a unlicensed dealer, despite me losing money on pretty much every deal and just being extremely impulsive... haha

Thoughts?

Nothing he did from what I read is, or should be, a crime. I have no problem with people ignoring unconstitutional laws and hope a 2nd amendment attorney takes his case pro bono and uses it to fight the unconstitutional laws he was charged with breaking all the way to the supreme court for vindication and liberty for all. My 2 cents.

But haven't such laws held up over the years, pertaining to being a dealer and things like that?

9th circuit getting more conservative, thanks Trump, and hopefully by the time it gets to scotus Ginsberg will be replaced. Good opportunity imo. Need to look at these opportunities with fresh eyes now that we have a better shot in the courts.

Squire, the fact of the matter is not every feedback is due to the sale or purchase of a firearm. It could be any number of things and no one list what you brought or sold in the comments for the feedback, at least not that I think, so how would they know? I have about 30 or so feedback and I think i've sold 1 gun and maybe brought like 4 and one guy didnt even leave me feedback.

Squire, the fact of the matter is not every feedback is due to the sale or purchase of a firearm. It could be any number of things and no one list what you brought or sold in the comments for the feedback, at least not that I think, so how would they know? I have about 30 or so feedback and I think i've sold 1 gun and maybe brought like 4 and one guy didn't even leave me feedback.

No, I get that... Not every feedback is a gun sale, but still. It's an indicator of activity and some stand out a lot more than others. At that point, they have the "find other posts by XYZ" and can follow everything you had for sale, that was marked as sold.

My question is more based on the media and Dems fueling this Universal Background Check stuff and bringing forums like this more into the public eye, that the BATF often changes their stance on things... Like shouldering a brace is bad... then it's ok... and at some point they will decide it is bad again, or get rid of them altogether as a "workaround for building an SBR"...

I understand that we have to always be on our guard, but part of us has to remain a little objective and realize to the average non-gun-person... an online forum where hundreds of people are buying and selling guns... some of them selling hundreds of them, to total strangers... It's doesn't make us look good, you know? And the second that one turns up in a murder... gonna be a problem, I would imagine.

And if the ATF wishes to re-evaluate what they consider an "unlicensed dealer", it could be a problem, no?

Looks like another wannabe dealer without the proper FFL . Just because he is/was a LEO dosent mean he is not a dumbass....we all know how that works.
As far as our type of feedback ratings, one can be selling knives, holsters, guns, ammo, q-tips or whatever and receive FB. Look at some of the higher ratings....they were by no means all firearm sales. Heck , the bulk of mine werent even firearm. And I have a low number compared to some.

Here is another opp to jump on the ideas of lists and registration that the libs so badly want. This would be another example of how they could bite you in the ass. I have never come across one single reason why lists or BOS are good. When you consider the flip side of the coin, they are down right dangerous!

Dont believe the “its for the children” lie. Lol

9th circuit getting more conservative, thanks Trump, and hopefully by the time it gets to scotus Ginsberg will be replaced. Good opportunity imo. Need to look at these opportunities with fresh eyes now that we have a better shot in the courts.

Cali liberal/dems were griping last week because Trump wasnt “asking their permission/opinion” on judges appointed to 9th circuit. It is not like he should or has to. They damned sure wouldnt if the shoe was on the other foot! Lol

Back
Top Bottom