• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thoughts on Yamaha 50cc

Jblue

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
159   1
Reaction score
I flipped my boys bike to put the training wheels on. It was probably upside down for an hour. After that the plug foiled. Took the plug out and that head is chock full o oil. The bike runs like a top and this started after I turned it upside down. Think I should flood the head with carb cleaner to wash out oil and replace the plug? Or break it down and look for leaks

It probably just seeped by the piston rings. If you can wait a while (maybe overnight) it should drain back into the crankcase. If you need it sooner try removing the sparkplug and turning it over a few times, that should blow the excess oil out of the cylinder thru the plug hole. It will probably smoke badly at first upon starting but the should clear up pretty quickly.

Yea it’s just seepage past the rings while inverted. Take the plug out, spin it for a little to blow the oil out. Put a good or cleaned up plug in, check the oil and ride.
It will smoke for a little, no big deal.

If you've got an air compressor blow it out 100 psi max. New spark plug. Check oil level, let her rip. Been working on bikes for 16 years never had a problem out the little pw50s.

And by the way a nice tall work bench usually works best for the training wheel install, im just wondering how you didn't dump all the gas through the vent on the cap. Before the oil seeped past the ring pack...

Back
Top Bottom