• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

Makin daddy proud !
20150916_190202.jpg

10026.jpeg
10024.jpeg
9979.jpeg

My oldest son is trying to join rhe Bartow County Schools fishing team, so he's been practicing a lot lately. He can actually get a full ride scholarship to a major university if he is good enough. That would be pretty cool, go to school to fish.

In my bass fishing days I loved fishing a weedless frog, especially in heavy weeds or lilly pads. Often they would nail it just coming off the pads. Other times they didn't wait and agressively started trying to nail it through the pads. Those were a hoot to watch.

In my bass fishing days I loved fishing a weedless frog, especially in heavy weeds or lilly pads. Often they would nail it just coming off the pads. Other times they didn't wait and agressively started trying to nail it through the pads. Those were a hoot to watch.
The spot i was fishing is really shallow and grassy he nailed it about 4 feet from the bank and dove into the grass thank god for braid. I pulled in about 2 ponds of grass with him.

IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
8B1ACDFE-FB06-48E5-BA22-B562A67FBC8A.jpg
IMG_1380.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG

These were all caught last month, I love spring time! Just got home from a weekend trip in Blue Ridge and did some fly fishing on the Toccoa, unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me in the river so I didn't get any pictures but I landed 3 good rainbows on nymphs. Best one was 15 inches. It was hard fishing with all the rain. Always fun to catch one on the fly rod though.

View attachment 1164581 View attachment 1164582 View attachment 1164583 View attachment 1164584 View attachment 1164585 View attachment 1164586
These were all caught last month, I love spring time! Just got home from a weekend trip in Blue Ridge and did some fly fishing on the Toccoa, unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me in the river so I didn't get any pictures but I landed 3 good rainbows on nymphs. Best one was 15 inches. It was hard fishing with all the rain. Always fun to catch one on the fly rod though.
Nice bass in the last pic

Nice bass in the last pic
It's hard to see the scales in that pic, but it was in between the 6 and the 8 mark. That's on a private pond in the middle of a horse farm. It's not unusual to catch fish that size or bigger. If you look at his tail you can see a perfect bite mark from a turtle. There's some massive snapping turtles in there that are eating the big fish. That's the third one we've caught that had a bite like that on it.

Back
Top Bottom