• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

Hooch, ponds, lakes , maybe n. Ga . That’s it.
I would go with an 8 foot 4 weight with a fast tip. I find a fast tip easier to cast. YMMV

I can advice you on fly rods in general, but I don't fly fish for trout. Just warm fresh water and in the salt. Go to Bass Pro and talk to the guys in the Fly Shop. I have found that most of them really do know what they are talking about and will get you set up nicely. You can also get your hands on the rods to see what feels good to you.

For trout fishing, the reel is not very important, so don't spend a lot of money on it. You'll fight and land the fish by stripping the line, rather than fighting it on the reel. All the reel is for is line storage. Spend your money on the rod. Of course, if you think you'll get into bigger fish, this does not apply at all and a good drag on the reel is important, but then you probably want to go with a heavier weight rod, too.

SO you guys know I love to fish. I fish primarily spinning reels and some spin cast , I have fiddled with fly fishing a LITTLE BIT and would like to acquire a combo for fishing trout. Any good starter recomendations Less than $150? That would literally be the most I have ever spent on a rod and reel ever. ( The fish dont know how much my gear costs, I never tell them, they would be offended, LOL) ) ( I have a nice trolling heavy penn rod reel combo I would trade someone for one)

https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/pro...ype=product&MDK=dynbanP_NWb&MDC=cat105571980#!

I fished with one similar to this for years until I upgraded. Rod, reel w/line and backing and rod tube.

25711.jpeg

Arctic Char

Back
Top Bottom