• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THREAD FOR POSTING PICTURES OF FISH CAUGHT

Just the other day I ran into a guy on the river that was having a blast. He said he was a hard core fly fisherman that had just discovered the joy of spin fishing for trout. He was amazed at how many more fish he was catching.

I agree 100%, you can catch more with a spinning rod and a lure. I'm not a hunter, but I put fly fishing in the same category as hunting with a pistol or bow. It's the challenge of using fur and feathers to convince a pretty picky fish that this is actually an insect/ food.

I agree 100%, you can catch more with a spinning rod and a lure. I'm not a hunter, but I put fly fishing in the same category as hunting with a pistol or bow. It's the challenge of using fur and feathers to convince a pretty picky fish that this is actually an insect/ food.
Agree 100%.

ECD4D120-FE9D-4CD6-A5B1-9DF0F0B9E561.jpeg
I am king of the bluegill !!!!

A couple bass and a bowfin from my in-laws house near Orlando.

I caught the bowfin on my last cast yesterday evening. It hit a chatterbait like a dump truck and started to run. I had no idea what was on the line so I just reeled fast and walked backwards dragging it into the backyard to get a better look. It was my first one and a pleasure to get the chance to see.

Bowfin are considered a trash fish & I don’t get it

I’ve caught a few - None of them wanted to come into the boat - Powerful Prehistoric Monsters - A 10lb one I caught was a greater fight than any freshwater fish I’ve ever boated - Mangled a Balsa Bagley - I think the record is around 20lbs and I cannot imagine that fight

Incidentally I hope you killed it - They will destroy a fishery - Very hard on the fry population- Especially the largemouth young’uns

Bowfin are considered a trash fish & I don’t get it

I’ve caught a few - None of them wanted to come into the boat - Powerful Prehistoric Monsters - A 10lb one I caught was a greater fight than any freshwater fish I’ve ever boated - Mangled a Balsa Bagley - I think the record is around 20lbs and I cannot imagine that fight

Incidentally I hope you killed it - They will destroy a fishery - Very hard on the fry population- Especially the largemouth young’uns

I didn’t kill it. I had no beef with that wacky thing.

Back
Top Bottom