• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thread locker for suppressor muzzle device

Hey Gents,

What thread locker (if any) did you all use to attach your muzzle device to your rifle barrel?

I’ve got a KGM R556 suppressor which came with a QD flash suppressor. It doesn’t need to be timed and was instructed NOT to use any kind of crush washer, just put some thread locker such as rockset and direct thread the QD muzzle device to the barrel.

Anyone use old fashioned Red Locktite? I cannot find rockset anywhere locally and need to get this thing running soon for quals.

PM me, I have some Rockset and I am close by...

Hey Gents,

What thread locker (if any) did you all use to attach your muzzle device to your rifle barrel?

I’ve got a KGM R556 suppressor which came with a QD flash suppressor. It doesn’t need to be timed and was instructed NOT to use any kind of crush washer, just put some thread locker such as rockset and direct thread the QD muzzle device to the barrel.

Anyone use old fashioned Red Locktite? I cannot find rockset anywhere locally and need to get this thing running soon for quals.
I like high temp permatex.

1675434794569.png

I've used Loctite 263 which is available at any auto parts store and Rocksett, and just nothing but peel washers and a cheater bar on the torque wrench. Nothing has come loose, ever.

Hey Gents,

Rocksett that biiiish. All my my muzzle devices are rocksett down, and I couldnt even remove them by hand if I wanted to.

Got a local buddy to Rocksett it on there, going to run it suppressed for the first time tomorrow.

You know, it would be really cool if Suppressor companies just sent a tiny vial of the stuff with the suppressor, like many other companies do with loctite/vibratite.

Do any other companies do this? Unfortunately KGM does not, although the Suppressor looks and feels absolutely amazing. Will report back on how it runs

Got a local buddy to Rocksett it on there, going to run it suppressed for the first time tomorrow.

You know, it would be really cool if Suppressor companies just sent a tiny vial of the stuff with the suppressor, like many other companies do with loctite/vibratite.

Do any other companies do this? Unfortunately KGM does not, although the Suppressor looks and feels absolutely amazing. Will report back on how it runs

The vials i got with my Surefire mounts were already hardened and unusable

Back
Top Bottom