• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thread Relist Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming it's because of the annual time change (daylight savings), but you can't relist an item until 73 hrs. have passed?

Yes it's because of daylight savings time, but it's still 72hours. Just because time went forward an hour doesn't mean an hour actually passed.

Yes it's because of daylight savings time, but it's still 72hours. Just because time went forward an hour doesn't mean an hour actually passed.
I'm sure it doesn't matter but I'll have to disagree. The thread for my 10/22 was listed at 5:18 PM last Thursday, and as of 6PM today (went into church then, so I didn't have the chance to relist until after I got out) I was still getting the reminder that I couldn't relist until 72 hrs. had passed, which was closer to 73 hrs. total before I was allowed to relist. I've had this issue before so it's not the first time I've encountered it. Just thought I'd ask the question to see if a remedy was available............

I'm sure it doesn't matter but I'll have to disagree. The thread for my 10/22 was listed at 5:18 PM last Thursday, and as of 6PM today (went into church then, so I didn't have the chance to relist until after I got out) I was still getting the reminder that I couldn't relist until 72 hrs. had passed, which was closer to 73 hrs. total before I was allowed to relist. I've had this issue before so it's not the first time I've encountered it. Just thought I'd ask the question to see if a remedy was available............

Daylight savings time is only an issue with ads that were listed before the time change, and eligible to relist after it. In your case where the listing was after the time change, daylight savings time has nothing to do with it.

Relist eligibility doesn't occur at 72 hours to the second after the ad was listed, it's at the next database refresh after 72 hours has passed. The window there is usually within 10-15 minutes, but we had some database maintenance stuff going on today, which is probably what made the delay longer than normal.

Daylight savings time is only an issue with ads that were listed before the time change, and eligible to relist after it. In your case where the listing was after the time change, daylight savings time has nothing to do with it.

Relist eligibility doesn't occur at 72 hours to the second after the ad was listed, it's at the next database refresh after 72 hours has passed. The window there is usually within 10-15 minutes, but we had some database maintenance stuff going on today, which is probably what made the delay longer than normal.
Same problem today, and it's been more than 30 minutes past the 72 hr. window. Still won't let me relist my 10/22 that I relisted on Wed. at 7:39 PM.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom