• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tilt-game over....

They are definitely looking to sell a product and using fear and half truths to do it. If I am going to suffer through an economic collapse I would choose to do it among friends and family where English is the primary language. If and when the US circles the drain if won't be alone.
They sell "research" and encourage the readers to do their own homework (thinking) before making any decisions.

I'm still living in my bunker in the countryside after I read a similar article in 2009. Is civilization still carrying on out there?

.....less likely to be impacted and which has a long reputation for economic stability.

Good points, I'd just highlight the two key ones:

less impacted = already has nothing to lose.
economic stability......not many 3rd world countries to choose from.

Also, better research the legal rights of non-citizens in any country you are considering.

Bad things can always happen. Can't obsess over things one can't control. That said, it doesn't hurt to prepare for short-term dispuptions. Extra food, water, ammo, cash on hand, car fully gassed. Longer term, gold, silver, enough solar plant to power essentials. And more ammo.

While living in Argentina I met and helped get established Roger Sayles and David VonKleist. Both were preaching the benefits of buying gold, and Roger was looking for "investors" to let he and another gentleman manage their money and get it out of the USA. That guy, lost all his money "investing" in a central american bank. In fact Roger had squirreled away about 10 pounds of it and hid it in a safety deposit vault in Uruguay, after getting it out of the USA. For 2 years I heard about how the sky was falling every other week. Roger would argue with anyone that would listen. At a party at my house one night, Roger started arguing with an English friend of mine, that had actually studied our constitution and liked it. Roger trying to make all his usual points about how he was not subject to the laws of the US, mainly tax laws. Things were getting heated, when my friend said, "I find it absurd that you are arguing with a Brit while living in Argentina about a issue that has no bearing on either of us now!". Roger exploded and hopped into his guests rental car, he sped off not even asking them if he could use the car. He stranded them at my house and showed the rest of the guests his real self. Dave was much more easy going and actually had talent. I used to ask him why would I want to trade food or land for gold? You can't eat gold and the only reason it has value is because the wealthy harbored it, and the peasants lusted for anything the wealthy had, still do. The Incas had tons of it, what were they going to do with it? It certainly didn't save them from ruin. Well the sky has not fallen yet, guess it could happen and Dave left Argentina and has since returned to America. Roger I understand, is in Ecuador living off his SS check he vowed to never take because it was "blood money". I guess he likes his money on the rare side.
So, when you can eat gold I will start buying it. Until then I will stock pile food and anything else I might need to protect my family from the marauding bands of hungry if something ever happens.

If and when the crap ever hits the fan and society falls, money will be worthless and so will gold. You will need to have something you can trade with that others need. Food, water, medicine, ammo, alcohol, blankets, etc... Until society starts to rebuild itself, there will be no monetary system. Think about that for a moment and try to prepare yourself accordingly.

While living in Argentina I met and helped get established Roger Sayles and David VonKleist. Both were preaching the benefits of buying gold, and Roger was looking for "investors" to let he and another gentleman manage their money and get it out of the USA. That guy, lost all his money "investing" in a central american bank. In fact Roger had squirreled away about 10 pounds of it and hid it in a safety deposit vault in Uruguay, after getting it out of the USA. For 2 years I heard about how the sky was falling every other week. Roger would argue with anyone that would listen. At a party at my house one night, Roger started arguing with an English friend of mine, that had actually studied our constitution and liked it. Roger trying to make all his usual points about how he was not subject to the laws of the US, mainly tax laws. Things were getting heated, when my friend said, "I find it absurd that you are arguing with a Brit while living in Argentina about a issue that has no bearing on either of us now!". Roger exploded and hopped into his guests rental car, he sped off not even asking them if he could use the car. He stranded them at my house and showed the rest of the guests his real self. Dave was much more easy going and actually had talent. I used to ask him why would I want to trade food or land for gold? You can't eat gold and the only reason it has value is because the wealthy harbored it, and the peasants lusted for anything the wealthy had, still do. The Incas had tons of it, what were they going to do with it? It certainly didn't save them from ruin. Well the sky has not fallen yet, guess it could happen and Dave left Argentina and has since returned to America. Roger I understand, is in Ecuador living off his SS check he vowed to never take because it was "blood money". I guess he likes his money on the rare side.
So, when you can eat gold I will start buying it. Until then I will stock pile food and anything else I might need to protect my family from the marauding bands of hungry if something ever happens.

If and when the crap ever hits the fan and society falls, money will be worthless and so will gold. You will need to have something you can trade with that others need. Food, water, medicine, ammo, alcohol, blankets, etc... Until society starts to rebuild itself, there will be no monetary system. Think about that for a moment and try to prepare yourself accordingly.

While I agree with you guys, I feel there's still a need for a little gold and silver. It's not heavy/bulky in small amounts, and I think there'll always be people willing to trade for it. Have been since the beginning of time. Just don't base your whole TEOTWAWKI plan on it. As with any plan, diversify.

Back
Top Bottom