• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time for another suppressor!

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   1
Reaction score
Its that time again where I reward myself for being a good boy and treat myself to something. My dilemma is choosing between either a modular can in .45 (Rugged Obsidian, Gemtech Lunar, or AAC Tirant M) or SilencerCo Hybrid. I already have a SilencerCo Osprey .45 which has been my friend. But Im looking to stay in style with a newer can. I'm leaning more towards the Hybrid due to me using it on .46 down to .22LR and I already have SilencerCo pistons. Also I can use it on .30 calibers! I like the Obsidian because I can share the SilencerCo pistons with it. I've been wanting to try a Gemtech but they're pistons are hard to find locally and are a pretty penny. I know no one would have a Gemtech Lunar but what about the AAC Tirant M if anyone has one? Any other ideas?

Not sure what you'll be shooting through it the most, but keep in mind that the Hybrid does not disassemble for cleaning. Might not be a big issue if you shoot predominantly jacketed ammo through it.

Liberty makes a big can too, the Goliath. 2"x10". With that volume you could put it on a .45ACP subgun if you ever get to that point.

http://libertycans.net/goliath/

Ive got my eye on this Gemtech Outback 2 but I don't think it covers 5.7x28. Its only $200! But since .22LR cans are pretty cheap I think I can shell out an additional $200 for another stamp. I think Im gonna get the Obsidian and Hybrid just to make sure I have a grand slam. Got a guy selling an Obsidian for under $600 shipped. So Im gonna work on that then get the Hybrid. I don't have any big calibers like .450 Bushmaster 45-70 Govt etc. But then there is always a possibility of getting some in the future.

I can't comment on how the Obsidian compares to others, but there customer service has been awesome. Unconditional lifetime warranty is really great! I've had 2 9mm endcap strikes, first was due to my stupidity, 2nd may have been due to a quick doubletap and weak spring, but both times they immediately sent new end caps and sent updated parts.

Back
Top Bottom