• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to add a belt to the wardrobe- what to get for IWB?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
Adding another belt to the wardrobe...without sounding like a dork asking for fashion advice, what belt have you had experience with working best with your IWB carry? What size (width)?

I read all the time that a belt makes all the difference in the world when carrying IWB.

1.5" works with all non dress pants. You might need a 1" if you carry while in a suit.

Many good ones out there.

I have several leather gun belts and prefer my 1" over the 1.5" for comfort and versatility as I can wear them with jeans, slacks, suits or shorts.
I've bought three from:
www.thebeltman.net
And one from our very own:
www.zachsgunbelts.com
I even have an Alien Gear gun belt that was given to me as a gift.

The stiffer the leather hide and thicker the better for carrying but not always the most comfortable. Alien Gear uses thin leather or pleather with a spring steel liner for rigidity and support, it is much thinner and more flexible than my other belts but does a fine job, its 1.5" wide. Between my beltman belts and my Zach's I'd say both are of equal high quality with Zach's a bit stiffer and thicker.

The main thing with IWB I've found is to distribute the load over a greater surface area and you don't experience the sagging feeling as much. A holster like the com-tac Minotaur, cross breed hybrid, alien gear hybrid or blackpoint mini-wing are excellent choices for distributing the load of a firearm due to their design of two clip points that are several inches apart. The down side to those is that they are not as compact or as easy on/off as a single clip holster. I did own a Milt Sparks summer special II clone for a compact 1911 I had and it did a phenomenal job of holding the firearm without feeling like a brick tied to my pants.

Depending on your normal attire, 5.11 tactical Apex gun belt is the best I have found to blend in with khakis yet still do a great job

Back
Top Bottom