• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TIME TO FESS UP! What's the most you've overpaid for gun stuff?

I'm usually broke during panic buying so I'm not overpaying for anything. My first deal on here was a PSA stripped lower for $80.00. In 2013 that seemed like a good deal at the time.

In 94 I met a supply sergeant ( AKA Thief) at the National Guard Armory in Macon. He sold me and a friend a paper Piggly Wiggly sack full of used 20 and 30 round AR mags for just under $200.00. I can't remember how many were in there but it was a lot. My buddy kept the Colt 20 rounders and I kept about 10. 30 rounders. I sold the rest for $30.00 each at the Perry Gun Show that summer.

I'm usually broke during panic buying so I'm not overpaying for anything. My first deal on here was a PSA stripped lower for $80.00. In 2013 that seemed like a good deal at the time.

In 94 I met a supply sergeant ( AKA Thief) at the National Guard Armory in Macon. He sold me and a friend a paper Piggly Wiggly sack full of used 20 and 30 round AR mags for just under $200.00. I can't remember how many were in there but it was a lot. My buddy kept the Colt 20 rounders and I kept about 10. 30 rounders. I sold the rest for $30.00 each at the Perry Gun Show that summer.
Was that the same guy the FBI came through Macon asking about in 2013?

I won't lie, I would've jumped on that deal FAST

If you've been in the hobby long enough then you've overpaid at some point, so let's hear about the stupid money you've spent on this crippling gun addiction that we all suffer from.

I'll start us off. It hurts to even post this, but here it goes...

During the Clinton AWB I paid $80 for a USED 25-round 10/22 magazine. During that same time I paid another $80 for a USED 15-round Glock 19 magazine. If I remember correctly I bought them both out of the catalog that Cheaper Than Dirt used to send me in the mail about once a month.

But the worst gun purchase I ever made was in late 2008 right after Obama won the election.

I had never owned an AR before and was convinced that Obama would completely outlaw them on day-one in office, so it was NOW OR NEVER for me to get one!

Me and a guy I worked with stopped by Academy Sports in Athens and they had two ARs out on the shelf. They were the only two they had and the salesman said he had no idea if they would ever get anymore. We both swallowed that bull**** hook line and sinker.

My co-worker walked out with a Bushmaster for $900 + tax

I walked out the proud owner of a S&W M&P-15 for $1150 + tax!

:doh:

Alright, those are my best/worst horror stories, so now it's your turn!
$100
If you've been in the hobby long enough then you've overpaid at some point, so let's hear about the stupid money you've spent on this crippling gun addiction that we all suffer from.

During the Clinton AWB I paid $80 for a USED 25-round 10/22 magazine. During that same time I paid another $80 for a USED 15-round Glock 19 magazine. If I remember correctly I bought them both out of the catalog that Cheaper Than Dirt used to send me in the mail about once a month.

But the worst gun purchase I ever made was in late 2008 right after Obama won the election.

I had never owned an AR before and was convinced that Obama would completely outlaw them on day-one in office, so it was NOW OR NEVER for me to get one!

Me and a guy I worked with stopped by Academy Sports in Athens and they had two ARs out on the shelf. They were the only two they had and the salesman said he had no idea if they would ever get anymore. We both swallowed that bull**** hook line and sinker.

$100

$1100 for 2 1260 cases of yugo AK ammo
12 1/2 years ago

Back
Top Bottom