• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TIME TO FESS UP! What's the most you've overpaid for gun stuff?

IMG_0844.JPG

Few years ago during the panic I paid $ 115 for a stripped Anderson Lower.
Right after Sandy Hook I had all the parts for my first AR lower build except the receiver: I paid close to 150 bucks for a GAADM stripped lower....that was a piece of crap, not finished correctly, out of spec...I use it as a dedicated pistol lower. ..and by that I mean I never use it.

Bought a colt le6920 in the panic for $1,600

Sold it 4 months later for $700

Ouch....

My first AR, Windham MPC after tax $950... Fell for the company name thing but then found "commercial buffer tube" 1:9 cheap barrel, nothing but average mil spec parts... The saving grace is their warranty, QC, and customer service. I've had it for years and the stripped upper, lower, bcg, barrel are the only orig parts on it now and I have WAY more in it than I could ever get out of it.

Still, it's mine, I learned, and I'll keep it.

So traded two AR's for a 1927 Thompson and two weeks later Sandy Hook so missed out on that one...

Paid close to 12-hunnerd for an SVT-40 but at the time absolutely had to have it. Figured one day I could make my money back but it would be some time.
Mehh paid more then that for mine and have never regretted it. But it was still in cosmoline and has a beautiful tiger strip stock.

Back
Top Bottom