• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to get my fat arse back in gear....again

You know it does!
I never thought about it that way, but it absolutely does, lol!

One thing that retards my progress is being married. I LOVE my wife and I enjoy walking with her in the mornings when we can. But I NEED to get up earlier than she will and I NEED to move farther and faster than she will. So, when I HAVE been dialed in to the old army style program, I have had to slow down and pace myself to her schedule. I COULD ADD rather than subtract from my program to compensate but then I get lazy. So, the lion share of the fault is still mine. Her inflexible, lax schedule is just a convenient excuse to fail.

Damn I hate being honest with myself.

One thing that retards my progress is being married. I LOVE my wife and I enjoy walking with her in the mornings when we can. But I NEED to get up earlier than she will and I NEED to move farther and faster than she will. So, when I HAVE been dialed in to the old army style program, I have had to slow down and pace myself to her schedule. I COULD ADD rather than subtract from my program to compensate but then I get lazy. So, the lion share of the fault is still mine. Her inflexible, lax schedule is just a convenient excuse to fail.

Damn I hate being honest with myself.

I have the same problem with the wife walking and I understand completely!
I finally nailed it down, she is NOT walking for exercise and that's what I'm all about, like you.
I need to walk faster to get my hear rate up, she just wants to take a walk with me and chat some.
I didn't understand that....

Now that I understand it, it's a whole lot easier to walk with her.
It's not doing much for my physical health, but I've convinced myself it has value for my mental health. :becky:

I have the same problem with the wife walking and I understand completely!
I finally nailed it down, she is NOT walking for exercise and that's what I'm all about, like you.
I need to walk faster to get my hear rate up, she just wants to take a walk with me and chat some.
I didn't understand that....

Now that I understand it, it's a whole lot easier to walk with her.
It's not doing much for my physical health, but I've convinced myself it has value for my mental health. :becky:

We just gotta get up at 4 AM, go do OUR thing, then come home and go again with the wife. Not sure if we will get in shape or just wear out from overwork. ;)

ok, Before I get banned again...

EVERYTHING is sore. Riding the border between maintaining and losing weight.Wife cooked yesterday so it stood pat. She cooked (at my request) Manwhich sloppy Joes with 97% fat free ground beef. It should have been fine but I LOVE the stuff so just ate too much of it.

Yesterday I did
Bar curls,
Sit ups
Seated dbell iso curls
crunches
lat pulls
squats
And
walked 2 miles twice

Today is a day off from the weights. Just walking. Then tomorrow back to the say one program.

Make sure you are drinking at least 1 gallon of water daily. This will help with soreness, increase your metabolism, speed up recovery, and help with hunger. Yes, you'll be taking a piss every 15-20 minutes but that's really the only down side.

When you are lifting, make sure you aren't just moving the weight. Make sure you are contracting the muscle as much as possible with every rep. This may cause you to have to lighten the weight and even do fewer reps but the quality of each rep and contraction will be much better. If you aren't contracting the muscle effectively you aren't performing the exercise effectively.

me-uncontrollable-sobbing-i-cant-see-you-anymore-wont-let-15806400.png

Back
Top Bottom