• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Time to get my fat arse back in gear....again

dost-thou-even-hoist_o_1864515.jpg

If you are older - which means 40+ or 50+ or geezer+ - you have to be careful not to injure yourself because it can take a lot longer to recover. I increase reps a lot slower than I did when I was younger, but in the long run I stay in better shape with less trips to the doctor.

Drinking lots of water really helps me because my stomach is full and I'm not as tempted to snack. I guess running to the bathroom more often burns off a few calories too ...

Well boys. It's WAY past time to get back in gear. I've gotten fat(er) again and starting in the AM I am getting back on the ball. I have 4 days off each week so I am going back to a 2 day, one hour per day, workout split with two 1 hour walks per day until I can start jogging again, then one 1 hour walk and a 2 mile jog.

This may take a little building up to. LOL.

I'm trying to work out the split for the workout though. My nebulous, pre-plan so far is:

Day 1

Chest, shoulders and triceps

Military press
Arnolds
Inclined dumbbell press
Flat Bench
Declined dumbbell press
Tricep extensions

Day 2
Biceps, back, legs and abs

Curl Bar - standing
Seated dumbell curls
Row
Lat pulls
Squats
Crunches

Day 3

Rest

Day 4
Chest, shoulders and triceps

Military press
Arnolds
Inclined dumbbell press
Flat Bench
Declined dumbbell press
Tricep extensions

Day 5
Biceps, back, legs and abs

Curl Bar - standing
Seated dumbell curls
Row
Lat pulls
Squats
Crunches

Work (8 hours)

Day 6-7

Rest

Work(16 hours each day)

Not looking to go into competition. Just want to build muscle to burn fat and improve overall health. I think I have the basics covered for all muscle groups. And I do NOT want to spend more than an hour a day in my dungeon. LOL. Even with that I am looking at three hours per day devoted to exercise. If that doesn't make me immortal, then screw it....I'm going to the buffet for lunch. ;)(

Hunting , scouting , hiking will give you All of this.
Just add some
Steep hill Climbing, Mild danger rock Climbing and diet and you're golden.

Back
Top Bottom